Forecasting Continued Trouble, Moody's Downgrades Debt of Three Airlines
- United, Airports Face Off. Shields, Yvette; Resnick, Amy; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p1
Reports that United Airlines Inc. has asked U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge to issue temporary restraining orders preventing entities that run the airports from moving to terminate the airline's leasing for nonpayment of unsecured debt. Impact of likely restraining orders on investors; Reasons...
- Delta Comes in on Time. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p1
Reports that bankrupt Delta Air Lines Inc. is expected to make on time its 1.1 million dollar debt service payment owed on special facilities revenue bonds sold in 1992 for projects at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Court approval of the request of the airline to make the...
- Issues for Labor in the aftermath of the Qantas private equity bid. Hundley, Ian // D!ssent;Summer2008/2009, Issue 28, p53
The article discusses the failed private equity takeover of Qantas Airways Ltd. by the Airline Partners of Australia (APA) due to concerns of the industry and the behaviour of the capital market as of December 2008. The nature of deals regarding private equity buyouts, debt servicing and...
- Moody's: Airports Stable, But Less Debt, More Focus on Coverage Ratios Needed. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32848, p28
The article discusses the report of Moody's Investors Services regarding the management of national airports in the U.S. The report suggests airports to consider less debt issuance and monitoring of debt service coverage ratio associated with the decline of the economy. It believes that travel...
- Florida Faces Decreased Debt Capacity Brought on by Revenue Shortfall. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p5
Reports that revenue shortfalls in Florida will make it impossible to keep up with issuance plans without raising debt service levels above the state's target. Decline in the revenue supporting the state budget; State's net tax-supported debt service; Expected borrowing capacity of state in the...
- Harrisburg, Pa., Could Miss $2M Debt-Service Payment. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p36
The article reports on the likelihood of Harrisburg to miss its debt-service payment worth two million dollars supported by Pennsylvania on March 1, 2010.
- Choose a debt consolidator. Gray, Valerie Lynn // Black Enterprise;May97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p131
Warns the public about debt consolidators. Suggestions from Janice Gassi, executive director of the Better Business Bureau in Long Island, before signing your debt away to a credit service.
- On real exchange rate targeting and debt servicing. Chow, Lap-Kei // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p115
Highlights the incentive for a stronger real currency when debt servicing comes into a play and provides a justification on how the targeted level is set. An assumption of formula of the policymaker having a loss function.
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2007 Quarter1, p23
The article presents the BMI sovereign risk rating index of European countries as of January 2007.