MSN: Online Sales Totaled $5.6 Billion
- MSN shops for consumer dollars. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;03/15/99, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p36
Details Microsoft Corp.'s plan to turn the Microsoft Network online service into the premier marketplace for consumers looking for products and services to buy and for merchants and manufacturers looking for a place to sell. Inclusion of a shopping directory which will be tied to CompareNet;...
- Keeping e-shopping `personal.' Kerstetter, Jim // PC Week;03/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p18
Announces that Microsoft Corp. will unveil a new Microsoft Network (MSN) feature at its Microsoft Electronic Commerce Solutions Day in San Francisco, California in light of the company's efforts to make personalization a mainstream component of the Web. Mention of Central ID, the technology...
- Microsoft passes half million mark. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;12/11/95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p35
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s announcement that the number of subscribers to Microsoft Network reached the 525,000 mark. Planning to set a ceiling at 500,000 to ensure adequate performance; Reaching a half million subscribers in a period of three months.
- Microsoft in passing lane on info highway. Berst, Jesse // PC Week;9/4/95, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p67
Opinion. Discusses Microsoft Corp.'s chance of dominating an era of a new kind of computing. Prediction that Internet will render Windows irrelevant; Microsoft's strategy to make The Microsoft Network (MSN) a better Internet than Internet; Issues that could slow Microsoft's dominance; Threat...
- Microsoft goes online. O'Leary, Mick // Online;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on Microsoft Corp.'s Microsoft Network online service. Features; Applications; Product support; User benefits.
- MSN's underwire loses support, will shut down. Sacharow, Anya // MediaWeek;03/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p43
Reveals that as Microsoft continues to dismantle original content programmed and developed for the Microsoft Network, the casualty in the reorganization is its women's show UnderWire. Determining the program's future; Original shows the network has commissioned for development.
- Microsoft portal aims shots at HK market leader AOL. Hargrave-Silk, Atifa // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p4
Focuses on services offered by Microsoft Corp. for its online service Microsoft Network (MSN) to compete with America Online Inc. in Hong Kong, China. Advertising campaign launched by the company; Benefits of services for MSN users; Overview of the advertising campaign launched by the company...
- MSN launches with a twist. L.M.; Reinhardt, Andy // PCWorld;Oct95, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p51
Reports on the Microsoft Network (MSN) online service. Decision of United States Department of Justice on antitrust investigation of Microsoft; Costs; Comparison with other online services; Membership limit.
- Microsoft's MSN feels growth pains. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;11/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p83
Reports that Microsoft Corp. is preparing major alterations to the Microsoft Network, its new online service. Features; Applications; Product support.