Mich. Retailers See Lean Inventory
- Advanced programs: Ground being gained, more to come. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 3, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p6
Investigates the inventory management practices of the retail trade in the United States. Automatic replenishment of stocks; Popularity of category management in home centers and drug chains; Reaction of retailers to vendor-managed inventory (VMI).
- Specialty softgoods: Technology remains key. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 3, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p6
Examines the inventory management of specialty softgoods retailers. Inventory steps; Use of third-party inventory-counting services; Daily review of master files; Attitude to importance of inventory information integrity.
- Specialty hardgoods: Taking a multifaceted tack. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 3, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p8
Examines the inventory management of specialty hardgoods retailers. Initiation of cycle counts; Engagement in automatic replenishment programs; Attitude towards inventory information.
- Other retailers: Bullish on category management. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 3, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p13
Examines the inventory management practices of general retailers in the United States. Attitudes; Use of cycle counts; Unpopularity of radio frequency devices; Possibility of change in inventory practices; Reluctance to start automatic replenishment practices; Percentage users of third party...
- Inventory management. // Chain Store Age;Oct96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p12
Summarizes the results of Garr Consulting's survey on the role of inventory management in the retailer supply chain in the United States in 1996. Use of push or pull method of inventory; Allocation of flow-through merchandise; Handling of merchandise; Purchase order transactions.
- Assortment management. // Chain Store Age;Oct97 Supplement Retail, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the use of data warehousing in assortment management, the process of choosing merchandise to suit variables like lifestyle, ethnicity, income level and climate in United States. Importance of integrating existing data from different departments of a retail business; Opinion of...
- Inventory Planning: The Key to Retail Profitability. // Chain Store Age;Jan2002, Vol. 78 Issue 1, Supplement p2C
Elaborates the significance of inventory planning to retailers. Objectives of inventory planning; Description of the process of inventory planning; Considerations involved in inventory planning.
- Why Planning Systems Matter. // Chain Store Age;Jan2002, Vol. 78 Issue 1, Supplement p4C
Discusses the importance of merchandise planning systems to retailers. Advantages of merchandise planning systems; Considerations in using merchandise planning systems; Outcome of merchandise planning. INSET: Profiles in Planning: ShopNBC.com.
- In Search of the Ideal Planning Solution... // Chain Store Age;Jan2002, Vol. 78 Issue 1, Supplement p6C
Discusses the considerations in selecting a merchandise planning system. Simplicity of the solution; Integration of the solution; Compatibility with existing planning systems. INSET: Profiles in Planning: HARRY ROSEN.