Few Indicators In Short, Quiet Week
- The influence of consumer sentiment on the sales of durables. Jennings, E. James; McGrath, Paul // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p17
Presents a study on the relationship between retail durable goods sales and the level of consumer sentiment as measured by the Index of Consumer Expectations (ICE). Solo model; Autoregressive model; Traditional model; Combined traditional/autoregressive model; Expectations and the recession.
- DURABLE ACCUMULATION: AN EXAMINATION OF PRIORITY PATTERNS. Lusch, Robert F.; Stafford, Edward T.; Kasulis, Jack J. // Advances in Consumer Research;1978, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p119
This paper examines the order of accumulation of discretionary durable goods by consumers. Guttman scalogram analysis was used to identify the underlying priority patterns. A multi-measure procedure was developed to evaluate the reliability and item homogeneity of the derived scale.
- To Buy or Not to Buy. Lewis, J. // Management Review;Jan65, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p49
Reports on a study by the U.S. National Bureau of Consumer Research on predicting consumer decision to buy or not to buy durable goods in the 1960s. Estimate of the probability that consumers will buy a particular commodity.
- AN EXPLORATION OF MULTIPLE DURABLE GOOD PURCHASES FOLLOWING A NATURAL DISASTER. Horne, David A.; Sayre, Shay; Horne, Daniel R. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1996, Vol. 7, p103
Focuses on a group of disaster victims reporting on their post-disaster multiple durable good purchase behavior which indicated that it was a major endeavor to make so many expensive, important decisions in such rapid succession. Purchase strategies that helped keep the task in perspective;...
- Durable Goods Orders Drop 0.5% in April. // Bond Buyer;5/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32888, p2
The article reports on the performance of durable goods orders in April 2008 in the U.S. For this month, durables orders posted a 0.5% decrease, its third drop in four months, but with significantly different moves in components that show weakness was centered in transportation. Orders excluding...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31211, p2
Presents news items related to the securities industry in the United States as of August 27, 2001. Concerns about debt and excess capacity; Decline of orders for durable goods; Home sales in July 2001.
- The Relationship between Price and Repair Service for Consumer Durables. Haley, Russell I.; Adler, Lee; Hlavacek, James D. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1976, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p80
The article reports on the relationship between the price and repair charges for various consumer durables in the U.S. The authors focus on examining the relationship between the two variables by studying consumers' attitudes regarding the repair services. The authors go on to address the...
- Marketing Predictions from Consumer Attitudinal Data. Paranka, Stephen // Journal of Marketing;Jul1960, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p46
The Survey Research Center of the University of Michigan collects data of consumer attitudes to assist marketing prediction. These data include an over-all attitudinal index and statistics concerning attitudes toward specific consumer durable goods. How accurate have these data been as a basis...
- 17. Research and Forecasting. Penn Jr., William S.; Spencer, Ulric M.; Gourley, David R.; McNeal, James U.; Wilemon, David L. // Journal of Marketing;Jan1971, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p98
The article presents marketing abstracts relative to research and forecasting. They include "Long-term Forecasting of Consumer Durable Markets," by Peter F. Mason, "Some Observations on, and Developments in, the Analysis of Multivariate Survey Data," by Jim Inglis and Douglas Johnson, and...