Municipal Bond Prices Quoted Down At Long End in Very Light Trading
- Municipal rally strongly after unemployment shows increase. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;04/06/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30366, p1
Presents information on the increase in the price of secondary municipal bond in Treasuries for April 3, 1998. Status of the Dow Jones industrial average; Discussion on the transaction of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter for the New York City Transitional Finance Authority future tax-secured bonds;...
- Munis Firmer as Dow Plummets. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;
The article reports that the municipal market was firmer in light trading while Treasuries gained as the Dow Jones industrial average declined to a 2008 low in the U.S. According to a trader in New York, the long end is performing really well, 2030 and out. Another trader in New York agreed that...
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p25
Highlights stock performances in the United States for the week ending July 23, 2001. Percent change in the Dow Jones Index; Municipal bond market levels; Commodity prices.
- Stocks rebound, prompting munis and Treasuries to drop down. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;10/29/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30262, p1
Presents information about the municipal bond prices for October 27,1997. Effects of the bond prices to the gains, Treasuries, and Dow Jones industrial average; Statistics on the muni-to-Treasury ratio in the ten-year sector, employment cost index, 30-year cash bond, and ten-year note; Brief...
- Self correcting. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/12/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p9
The article focuses on the forecasted decline in the Dow Jones Industrial Average as well as other major market indices in the U.S. in 2007. It claims that the expected decline would establish a base for stock prices to move higher. It cites the effect of stock market volatility on U.S. bond...
- Stock Smarts. Weiss, Richard A. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/29/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p21
The article reports on stocks performance in the U.S. as of October 2007. The Dow Jones industrial average lost nearly 400 points. A 3 percent to 4 percent loss on the major domestic indices was incurred the week preceding the 20th anniversary of Black Monday. The Standard & Poor's 500 index is...
- How did you fare? Pethokoukis, James M. // U.S. News & World Report;04/12/99, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p58
Examines the performance of stocks and bonds in the United States in the first quarter of 1999. Performance of the Dow Jones industrial average; Problems with mutual funds; Fidelity Magellan compared with Vanguard Index; Performance of high-technology stocks.
- Stocks Swoon Again, and Bonds Are There to Pick Up Buyers. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p2
Reports the increase in municipal bond sales in the United States. Impact of the Treasury rally on bond buying; Account on the bonds offering form to investors; Details on unsold bond balances; Losses in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and Nasdaq; Rapid pace of bond selling.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/23/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p26
Presents updates on the stock market as of June 2003. Result of the stock analysis of Dow Jones; Market levels of municipal bond; Companies included in securities trading.