On Heels of Negative Outlook Hit, Massachusetts Looks to Deal Paper
- Johns Hopkins Steps Up Commercial Paper Push. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31635, p4
Johns Hopkins University of Baltimore, Maryland has expanded its commercial paper program and plans to price a series of tax-exempt bonds that amounts to between 10 million dollar and 12 million dollar. The program is broken into four seriesï¿½Series A and B are tax-exempt and are to be...
- N.Y. Power Agency to Ditch ARS Market With $72M of Tax-Exempt CP. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p7
The article reports on the plan of the New York Power Authority to exit the auction-rate market by using tax-exempt commercial paper to take two series of the securities totaling $72.1 million. The authority's board approved the sale at its monthly meeting along with an authorization for Citi...
- New York power authority may look to FERC for latest refunding proposal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p36
Reports on the plan of the New York Power Authority to refund taxable commercial paper and replace it with tax-exempt paper in preparation for the state's power market deregulation plans. Amount of commercial paper planned for refunding; Plan to ask the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission...
- San Jose Airport Adds Tax-Exempt, Private-Activity Debt to CP. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33189, p6
The article reports on the move of the Norman Y. Mineta International Airport to add a tax-exempt private activity series to its commercial paper program as a way to take advantage of the minimum tax holiday in San Jose, California. The airport forecasts to save about millions of dollars on a...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/23/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33621, p16
A table is presented which provides data on the short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. in November 2011 including the commercial paper, money market municipal index, and daily general market.
- Guam power agency plans debt sale next month; airport traffic drops. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;06/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30416, p8
Reports that the Guam Power Authority will issue tax-exempt commercial paper in July 1998. Conversion into long-term debt in year 2001; Use of proceeds; Refinancing of outstanding debt in 1999 to take advantage of lower interest rates; Effect of the Asian financial crisis on other agencies;...
- With Spreads Still Tight, Issuers Prepare a Rush to Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32519, p7
The article highlights the rise in higher-risk, higher-yield bond deals reported by some regional firms despite the stagnant tax-exempt high-yield mortgage bond market with gradually decreasing yield compensation for speculative commercial paper issues. Joe Mulligan, managing director at A.G....
- COMMERCIAL PAPER TWO-WEEK DISCOUNT RATES. // Asset Securitization Report;06/24/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p23
Presents data pertaining to discount rates of commercial papers in the United States as of July 20, 2002.
- Fed's new numbers show ABCP up $13.8 billion in May. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;6/16/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the U.S. Federal Reserve's revision of its historical asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP) volume dating back to May 2000. Purpose of the revision; Growth in ABCP volume through May 2003.