IRS Charts Plan of Attack
- When the IRS comes to check. Pryde, Joan // Nation's Business;Oct97, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the effort of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to inject consistency into its audit methods through its Market Segment Specialization Program, or MSSP. The design of MSSP to improve the quality of examinations by publishing audit guides and to boost tax-law compliance; The...
- IRS, court ruling lighten angst of long audit. Grassi, Carl // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p15
The article presents information on the auditing of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It is stated that an audit by the IRS can be one of the more stressful events experienced by a business owner. But, a federal court in Ohio has clarified how to shield certain taxpayer documents from the...
- ACTION OF THE COUNCIL AT ITS MEETING IN WASHINGTON, D.C. MAY 19, 1979. // Tax Lawyer;Summer78, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p925
Deals with the approval of the draft letter sent to the Council in the United States. Conjunction with the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association and the Commissioner of Internal Revenue; Five questions on audit techniques; Definition of a corporation.
- Red-Flagged: How to Prepare Clients for an Audit. Stimpson, Jeff // Accountingtoday.com;1/11/2016, p1
Few words strike as much fear into people's hearts as "IRS audit." How can you nursemaid clients through the terror of an audit notice?
- Shelter business assets in a family limited partnership. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p5
The article offers tips on how to transfer business assets into family limited partnerships (FLPs) in the U.S. It mentions that it is important to treat FLPs as legitimate partnerships to avoid scrutiny from the Internal Revenue Service. It also notes that avoid transferring all assets into an...
- The IRS Is Getting Serious About Enforcement Policies. Pilla, Daniel J. // Insight on the News;12/23/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p51
Presents the key areas in which unprecedented U.S. Internal Revenue Service policies would be implemented in 2004. Increase of audits of small businesses; Prosecution of tax-return non-filers; Criminal investigation and prosecution.
- IRS targets more small business audits. // Tax Strategist;Sep2010, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the study conducted by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) showing that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has reduced the number of hours agents spent auditing corporations in the U.S. It reveals that the data show that audits of larger corporations...
- Practice Notes: The Quality Examination Process -Potentially Effective Tool Not To Be Overlooked. DePew, Joseph M.; Cullinan, Thomas A.; Jones, Kendall C. // Tax Executive;
The article focuses on the quality examination of the company's tax returns. It says that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) examination team employs the Quality Examination Process (QEP), which became effective on June 1, 2010. It states that the examination team uses the Joint Audit Planning...
- Hospital: There's no IRS audit. Cantwell, Julie // Crain's Detroit Business;01/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p16
Claims that according to Partick Lamberti, newly appointed president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, auditors from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have not asked to review the hospital's financial records. Whether the IRS can disclose if a company is being...