RiskMetrics, Theoretics Join Forces In Bid to Offer One-Stop Analytics
- Embattled Center Bancorp Begins Strategic Review. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/14/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p3
The article discusses the move of the Center Bancorp Inc. to review its strategic options in 2007. Center announced its retention of the Keefe Bruyette & Woods to advise on strategies for the embattled New Jersey Bank. International Shareholders Services of the RiskMetrics Group and Glass Lewis...
- RiskMetrics Brings Relief to CDOs. Lewis, Jakema // Private Placement Letter;09/11/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) model unveiled by RiskMetrics in September 2000. Dynamics of the model; Statement issued by Peter Bernard, executive director of the company; Clients of the CDO model.
- Stock symbol is gone but not forgotten. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;3/22/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that RiskMetrics Group Inc. changed its New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol to RISK from RMG recently.
- Risk and Governance Blog. Ecker, Keith // InsideCounsel;Mar2008, Issue 196, p14
The article reviews the web site Risk and Governance Blog from RiskMetrics Group, available at http://blog.riskmetrics.com.
- VAR Tailored for Pension Plans. Queree, Anne // Global Finance;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p13
Deals with the PensionMetrics software released by RiskMetrics Group which allow pension managers to calculate value at risk (VAR) for both assets and liabilities of pension plans. Explanation from Jorge Minna, a partner at RiskMetrics; Features of the software tool; Information on VAR.
- RiskMetrics Gets $21 Million Injection. // American Banker;9/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 183, p10
Reports that the Riskmetrics has completed a round fo equity financing from seven companies.
- Bringing Out the Quant In All of Us. Karlin, Beth // Treasury & Risk;May2008, p24
The article reviews the risk management software RiskManager from RiskMetrics Group.
- Deals roundup. // Medical Device Daily;2/18/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p3
The article discusses the issues raised by RiskMetrics Group about the adequacy of the merger proposal by Novartis to Alcon's shareholders and the legality of Novartis' takeover plan for Alcon.
- Institutional investors seek ways to measure risk of hedge funds. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p41
Reports the existing measures of risk of hedge funds in the United States. Impact of the current demand for hedge funds on its supply; Development of a web-based system by the Tremont Advisers Inc., and Risk Metrics Group; Discussion on ways of calculating value at risk.