SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch: Sarasota Springs Up
- ILLINOIS: Backdoor Bonds? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p33
Reports on the appeal of Wood River township, Illinois regarding a lower court's decision to its lawsuit challenging the validity of multi-million of bonds issued by the township hospital's board. Reason for the filing of the lawsuit; Issuance of the bonds under state statutes for the...
- Trustee programs. // Trustee;May97, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p10
Presents a directory of education programs for hospital trustees in the United States. Includes the `Community-Based Health Care: The Future is Now'; `Chesapeake Healthcare Forum Trustee Conference'; `The Power of Partnerships: The Trustee's Critical Role.' INSET: To list your education program..
- What keeps you on the board? // Trustee;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p28
Presents the results of the July/August 1997 fax poll conducted by `Trustee' magazine of hospital trustees in the United States. Length of service as a trustee; Chairmanship; Time spent on board-related tasks; Type of board served on; Time spent on planning and negotiating for mergers; Reason...
- Non-profit hospital boards under more scrutiny. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/07/96, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p26
Comments on the increasing scrutiny of decisions made by non-profit trustees of hospitals. Need for non-profit hospitals to look for trustees who are as well-versed in management and finance as they are in health care; Charges of alleged failure of non-profit hospital boards to satisfy their...
- Hospital board calls off election. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the cancellation of the Donley County Hospital District's May election in Texas.
- `Hospital RTC' proposed to protect N.Y. facilities. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;9/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p48
Reports on the proposal to create a Hospital Resolution Trust Corp. to assume responsibility for New York hospitals in case of state default. Impact of the state's attempt to move Medicaid recipients into managed-care plans; Evidence of the need for a hospital RTC; Duties of the proposed...
- When a for-profit comes knocking. Peregrine, Michael W.; Gordon, David C. // Trustee;Feb95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p18
Presents nine steps not-for-profit hospital board chairmans should take when presented with a purchase offer from a major for-profit hospital. Includes communication with hospital counsel for advice; Need to inform other board members about the offer; Determination if any board member has a...
- Ask the experts. Pryor, Keith T.; Hageman, Winnie // Trustee;Feb95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p22
Presents answers to questions on the management of hospital boards. How to diplomatically suggest the resignation of long-time board members; Ideal combination of professions or constituencies that should be represented on a community hospital board of 17.
- System board chair profiled in survey. // Trustee;Jun95, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p3
Reports on a study showing the profiles of hospital board chairs in the United States. Occupational categories of board chairs; Percentage of board chairs holding executive positions; Percentage of board chairs that are male.