Revenue Slowdown Has DART Weighing Rail Project Delay
- How light rail pays its way in Dallas. Miller, Luther S. // Railway Age;Feb2001, Vol. 202 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the development of light rail transit (LRT) systems in Dallas, Texas. Features of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART); Strategy used by DART in promoting its services to the riding public; External factors that contributed to the success of LRT systems in Dallas.
- Texas transit agency presses on toward Victory. Craghead, Alexander B.; Kube, Kathi // Trains;Jan2005, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the expansion of the light-rail system of Dallas Area Rapid Transit to Victory Station at the American Airlines Center in Texas on October 4, 2004. Construction challenges faced by the company; Cost of the project; Date set for the opening of the line for special events and limited...
- Dallas gives LRT a rousing welcome. // Railway Age;Sep96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p52
Reports on Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) opening of the first section of a 20-mile light rail starter system. Get-acquainted week of free rides; Average daily ridership; Features of DART's light rail cars.
- Futher expansion planned for DART. // Railway Age;Feb98, Vol. 199 Issue 2, p25
Reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has plans to further expand its highly successful light rail system to a total of 53 miles by 2010. Value of the contract DART has awarded to Adtranz for propulsion control systems and related equipment and training services.
- DART dazzles the doubters. Miller, Luther S. // Railway Age;Aug97, Vol. 198 Issue 8, p39
Presents information about Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Segments of light rail transits opened by DART; Accomplishments and projects of DART; Effects of the efficiency of DART on business in Dallas.
- Airport LRT line gets go-ahead from DART. // Railway Age;Feb2012, Vol. 213 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's (DART) awarding of a design-build contract for the extension of the Orange Line from the future Belt Line Station to Terminal A of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in Texas.
- DART extends. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2013, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p15
The article reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit started revenue service on extensions to its Blue and Orange light rail lines on December 3, 2012.
- To the airport. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2014, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the Dallas Area Rapid Transit's inauguration of an extension of the Orange Line to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in Texas on August 15, 2014.
- DART hits its targets. Bowen, Douglas John // Railway Age;Jun2010, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p18
This article looks forward to the future of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) in Texas. It notes that the future of DART depends on its growth. It recognizes DART for bolstering its equipment fleet amid the economic crisis, including the near completion of its Super Light Rail Vehicle equipment...