Yields Fall Up to Three Basis Points: $2.6B of New Issues Come on Strong
- 11 years of work unearths 1815-1925 returns on stock. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;6/26/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p2
Reports on a study that collects individual stock prices for all New York Stock Exchange equities over the period 1815 to 1925, by a team from Yale University's School of Management in New Haven, Connecticut. Compilation of monthly prices for every stock; Data to open areas for more accurate...
- Bull market still has strong legs, A.G. Edwards reports. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/05/97, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p23
Looks into the stock performance of the New York Stock Exchange based on the assessment of Raymond A. Worseck, vice president and chief economist at A.G. Edwards. Apprehensions over the daily fluctuations of the stock market; Suggestion that the bull markets has contained two phases that...
- Abnormal Return Behavior Surrounding Special Closing of the NYSE. Seiler, Michael J. // American Business Review;Jan1996, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
This paper studies the effects that Institutional and Non-Institutional special closings of the NYSE have on the return of the S&P 500 Index, both on the trading days preceding and following the day of a special closing. Returns after Non-Institutional special closings of the NYSE are 5.2 times...
- NYSE's Pricey Real Estate. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 29, p9
Focuses on the seat prices of stocks in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Prices for real estate stocks; Views of Paul Liang, managing member for PBL Partners LLC on the monopoly of NYSE; Popularity of seat ownership.
- Anyone There? Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Dec99, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p10
Explains the activity on the trading floor at the New York Stock Exchange. Questions from visiting journalists and corporate executives; Issue facing investors regarding liquidity.
- Big Board mulls plan for foreign trading floor. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/21/98, Vol. 64 Issue 38, p4
States that the New York Stock Exchange is considering proposals for the development of an international trading floor which will facilitate international stocks listed on the Big Board. Stipulations of the proposals; When the facility will become operational; Opportunities that the floor will...
- Retail Stocks Rebound on NYSE. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/12/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 70, p25
Provides information on the market performance of retail stocks on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Market performance of Dow Jones Industrial Average; Company losers.
- Ann Taylor's stock gains 2 3/8 points. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/1/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 42, p2
Reports an increase in Ann Taylor shares traded in the New York Stock Exchange.
- NY stocks star in 1997, beating major averages. Temes, Judy // Crain's New York Business;01/05/98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the New York stock exchange. Comments from Greg A. Smith, chief investment strategist at Prudential Securities Incorporated; Indepth look at the growth of the stocks; Information on the biggest winners and biggest losers for 1997; Details on how the winners out beat the losers.