NEWS IN BRIEF
- A Read (Finally) on Treasury's Policy Plan. Heller, Michele // American Banker;8/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 162, p1
Reports on the expectations from the United States Department of the Treasury to produce policy on financial privacy, predatory lending and supervision of the government-sponsored enterprises. Restructuring of the federal financial services regulatory agencies; Consumer privacy protection plans.
- Treasury 5-Year Notes Go At 1.813% High Yield. Siegel, Gary F. // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Treasury has auctioned 35 billion dollars of five year notes.
- Treasury Set to Bump Up Against Debt Ceiling Monday. Moore, Dennis // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 18, p9
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to strike the statutory federal debt ceiling when its three-year and 10-year notes settle.
- Treasury Four-Weeks Go At 0.065% High Yield. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33699, p6
The article offers information on the announcement of high rate of yield and price as announced by the Treasury Department, the U.S.
- Treasury Move to Free $35B. // American Banker;7/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 126, p18
Focuses on how the United States Treasury Department pays for banking services with a "compensating balances" program. Idea that the method is costly and cumbersome; Indication that changes to the payment method can free up $35 billion in federal money; Benefit to the bond markets from the...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.1 60%, 0.220% Highs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33326, p8
The article reports that tender rates for the U.S. Department of Treasury increased in June 1, 2010 .
- Moskow: Inflation Risk Greater Than Slow Growth. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32595, p2
The article discusses the views of Michael Moskow, president at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago on the risks of the growing inflation in the U.S. Moskow believes that too high inflation risks weigh the risk of slow economic growth. He assesses that the risk of high inflation is greater than...
- Chicago Fed Symposium Sees Inflation Nearing 2% in 2016. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;12/7/2015, p1
Inflation, measured by the consumer price index, is forecast at 0.4% this year, but 1.9% next year, according to participants in the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's annual Economic Outlook Symposium, released Monday.
- T-Bill Auction to Raise $4.4B New Cash. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p2
The U.S. Treasury Department said that it will raise $4.382 billion of new cash at its weekly auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills on June 9, 2003 by selling $36 billion to refund $31.618 billion in maturing securities. Federal Reserve banks hold $15.284...