- Introduction. Kutan, Ali M. // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;May/Jun2014, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the emerging capital markets in China, globalization, and unemployment in Turkey.
- Financial. // Crain's New York Business;7/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p36
With the number of jobs dropping by 10%, 2002 was a humbling year for Wall Street firms. Adding insult to injury, the percentage of U.S. securities jobs in New York State fell by nearly a percentage point, to 23.6%, continuing a long, steady decline. Retail bankers were the only financial...
- Fiscal policies for enhanced resilience and equity. // OECD Economic Surveys: Chile;Jan2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 1, p43
Chile's fiscal rule has provided a powerful protection against global headwinds, making a sizable counter-cyclical stimulus possible without disrupting financial markets and helping to jumpstart activity. This chapter suggests ways to further bolster the economy's resilience against shocks by...
- SECTORAL SHIFTS AND RATES OF PROFIT. Kolnaar, A. H. J. // De Economist (0013-063X);Oct1980, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p364
In this paper the role of the capital market is analysed on the base of a dynamic two-sector model of a closed economy. The way in which the allocation of investment is related to sectoral differences in the rate of profit and to diverging sectoral capital needs as well, turns out to be of great...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Susanna Duff; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p2
Presents news briefs on the bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 23, 2004. Decline in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Decline in the composite index of Leading Economic Indicators; Marked decrease in the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for June 2004.
- Munis Slightly Firmer After Payrolls Report. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32895, p2
The article reports on the firmer U.S. municipal market due to the loss of jobs in non-farm payrolls in May, 2008. Surveys show that the unemployment rate reached the highest figure in 20 years. It was found that tax-exempt yields were lower by one or two basis points. One trader said that...
- McDONALD FINANCIAL GROUP MARKET WATCH. Wallace, William W. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/15/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p22
Presents information on U.S. financial market as of December 15, 2003. Decline in unemployment rate in the country; Measures that may be taken to profit from increasing commodity prices; Stock value of several companies in Utah for the week ending December 10, 2003.
- Trends in European labour markets and preferences over unemployment and inflation. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;2007 4th Quarter, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p582
In this speech, Professor David Blanchflower, member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), examines the extent to which differing labour market institutions can provide an explanation of variations in unemployment rates across Europe over the past 50 years. He finds little evidence in the data...
- Syriza holds on, but the left is weakened in Greece. Ismi, Asad // CCPA Monitor;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p13
The article reports that the Greek economy is shrinked by 25% and increasing overall unemployment by the same amount. Illiquid small businesses, with no access to capital markets will pre-pay next year's tax on their projected 2016 profits. The households will need to fork out property taxes on...