From the City to the State
- A rundown on the key races for governor. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;7/11/98, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p1638
Presents information on the key gubernatorial races in the United States in the 1998. Role to be played by the business community in the election in Alabama; Representative of the Republican Party in the California race; Challenges faced by Representative Glenn Poshard in the Illinois election.
- North Carolina. Bukowski, Jeffrey // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Mar2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p43
The article reports on the effort of newly elected North Carolina Democratic Governor Bev Purdue to make political campaign reform a basic element of her administration in 2009. She formed a task force for the development of an endowment for positive gubernatorial campaigns, on her first day in...
- State and Local Government: Races for Governor, 1998: Alabama-Missouri. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p99
No abstract available.
- State and Local Government: Races for Governor, 1998: Montana-Wyoming. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p99
No abstract available.
- Effect of state economic conditions on gubernatorial elections: Does unified government make a... Leyden, Kevin M.; Borrelli, Stephen A. // Political Research Quarterly;Jun95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p275
Studies the effect of state economic conditions on gubernatorial elections in the United States. Role of political parties in American politics; Impact of state economic performance on incumbent party percentage; Factors affecting voters' awareness of divided government.
- State results called a `vote for moderation'. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;11/15/95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the outcome of the 1995 state gubernatorial elections in the United States. Political platforms presented; Outcome of educational programs; Dominance of the Democrats in Virginia.
- Keys to the governor's mansion. Nielsen, Carla // State Government News;Jul94, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the major issues involved during the 1994 gubernatorial elections in the United States. Funding for education issue in Illinois; Taxes, crime and immigration as the issues in the Florida elections; Issues in the California elections; Incumbent governors and their political rivals. ...
- Retrospective voting in gubernatorial elections: 1982 and 1986. Svoboda, Craig J. // Political Research Quarterly;Mar95, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p135
Presents an analysis of voting results during the 1982 and 1986 state governorship elections. Correlation between a state's economy and voters' choices; Difference between the findings of aggregate-level and individual-level studies of voter choice.
- GOP wins. Scott, Michael J. // State Government News;Dec97, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p22
Presents an overview of the 1998 state gubernatorial elections in the United States. Comparison of the performance of Democratic and Republican bets; Percentage of gubernatorial seats captured by the Democratic and Republic candidates; Political implications of election results.