An Introduction to The Bond Buyer's Forum Series
- Professional Development Calendar. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p98
A calendar of events related to the organization American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Tuition Waiver Assistance Program in the U.S. in January 2013 is presented which includes advanced topics in hospital financial management, critical financial skills for hospital skills and...
- strategy and imagination. Fromberg, Robert // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2007, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p38
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alan Zuckerman on the competitive strategies for financial planning and another on the 2008 outlook of healthcare finance.
- Are you prepared for they costs of long-term care? Beithon, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;3/23/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
The author comments on the several aspects related to financial planning for the long-term health care cost in the U.S.
- Experts' Impact. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2005, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p21
This article discusses the use of consultants among hospitals in the U.S. Before giving a thumbs-up, analysts take a close look at the turnaround plan, paying attention to a variety of factors: the timing of the engagement with the consultant, the type of improvements identified, the potential...
- CALENDAR. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p156
The article presents a calendar of events related to healthcare financial management in the U.S. compiled as of February 2006. A seminar titled Achieving Breakthrough Performance: Tools and Techniques to Improve Healthcare Cost and Performance will be held in Minnesota on April 24-27. Advanced...
- Healthcare Allowance. Edlin, Mari // Managed Healthcare Executive;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on the importance of healthcare financial planning in light of the increase in healthcare costs in the U.S. Consumers must be informed and must be allowed to make their own decisions, together with awareness of financial consequences. Consumers must use the right kinds of...
- Preventive Measures Against Medical Debt. // USA Today Magazine;Oct2008, Vol. 137 Issue 2761, p6
The article offers tips from the Financial Planning Association in Denver, Colorado, on how to avoid medical debt. It states that if a person is insured through an employer or buy his or her own coverage as self-employed person, the coverage should be investigated if it actually provides in...
- my personal toolkit. Zimowski, Joyce // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul2004, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the author's involvement in the Healthcare Financial Management Association. Activities of the association.
- The Conversation Advisers Aren't Having. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Advisor News;2013, p1
The article reports that according to an annual survey by Nationwide Financial, more than half of pre-retirees worried about what health care costs may do to their retirement plans. A year ago, in the same survey, fewer than half of pre-retirees were not discussing retirement with an adviser....