Arizona Ballot Initiative Could Boost Local Road-Bond Sales
- ALASKA: Anchorage Sets Bond Votes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32570, p9
The article reports that $134 million of general obligation bond measures have been placed by the Assembly of Anchorage, Alaska on the city's election ballot. One of the measures included in the package is $85 million requested by the Anchorage School District board. The remaining amount of...
- R-51 is an investment voters must make now. // Journal of Business (10756124);10/10/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, pA4
Editorial. Focuses on Referendum 51, a ballot measure to be presented to Washington State voters in November 5, 2002, that would provide funding for road projects and transit needs, including work on Spokane's north-south freeway and widening of Interstate 90 in the Spokane Valley. Call on...
- Wisconsin Plan Hikes Road Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on proposals for increasing revenue borrowings for funding the construction of roads made in the Wisconsin budget for the fiscal years 2003-2005. Amount of revenue borrowings proposed for funding road construction; Additional details regarding these proposals; Details of bonds that...
- Georgia Rolls on Roads. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p1
Reports on the sale of the guaranteed revenue bonds for road projects of Georgia. Preparation to sell general obligation bonds; Concerns over declining revenues; Generation of motor fuel taxes; Assessment of taxing power and full faith and credit.
- Road Money. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports that Minnesota will raise over a billion dollars for major road projects with the sale of trunk highway bonds over a period of 10 years starting 2003 under a legislation. Details of the legislation; Measures to be adopted by the state for the repayment of the debt; Review of the state's...
- Investors Give Colorado Tollway Debt Green, Yellow Lights. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p30
Reports the impact of the proposed amendments on the construction of E-470 toll road in Denver, Colorado. Issues concerning the general obligation bonds; Implications of Amendment 24 for E-470 debts; Key apportionment of the amendment.
- Road work. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p29
Reports on the plan of the New Jersey Highway Authority to issue bonds for construction projects.
- Bonds backed by highway aid were only option that added up. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30499, p36
Focuses on the insufficiency of funds in the bonds in Arkansas issued on October 12, 1998 to finance highway construction projects in the state.e Shortage of federal funding support for the fund according to a panel review; Alternatives for funding the projects according to panel findings.
- Garvee bonds are becoming hot tool for highway construction financings. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30502, p1
Focuses on the rising popularity of a Garvee bonds for financing highway construction projects in the United States. Feature of the bonds that gives backing from states' future federal transportation funds; Market success of the bonds' making it popular as means for fund raising.