Fairfax County, Va., Board Set to Vote on Dulles Rail Link
- Wasn't That Always There? // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p64
Several photographs of Washington D.C. are presented, including the Metro underground rail station, the Mall, and the Watergate complex.
- Untitled. // Time;4/5/1976, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p16
The article focuses on the opening of the subway system in Washington D.C. It states that the trains are colored with silver and chocolate, guided by computers, can speed up to 75 miles per hour (m.p.h.), and are equipped with television cameras. It mentions that the system will have one...
- Budget Brouhaha. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;2/11/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p10
Reports the reduction in the proposed budget for federal-aid highway spending for fiscal year 2002 in Washington, D.C. Influence of the Revenue Aligned Budget Authority on the reduction of highway spending; Assessment on the validity of the on-highway fuel tax receipts model; Impact of the...
- $1.5 Billion Metrorail Expansion May Involve Bond Financing. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p4
Reports on the possible municipal bond issuance for a proposed expansion of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's Metrorail system from Maryland to Virginia. Other sources of funding for the expansion.
- Washington Report: Briefs. // Traffic World;11/23/98, Vol. 256 Issue 8, p11
Reports developments on the railroad industry in Washington D.C. as of November 1998. Selection of chairmen and members for the railroad industry; Opposition on the Highway Trust Fund budget process changes; Prediction on the resignation of the chairman and senior Democrat on the House Railroad...
- U-boat reprieve. // Trains;Apr2016, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p74
A photograph of a 0-4-OT steam locomotive operated by the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare is presented which was taken in Washington, D.C. on April 4, 1964.
- meetings. // Railway Age;Oct2009, Vol. 210 Issue 10, p27
A calendar of events for the railway industry to be held from October to December 2009 is presented including the 16th Annual Passenger Trains on Freight Railroads Conference of "Railway Age" at Washington Marriott in Washington, D.C. from October 19 to 20, the Railroad Environmental Conference...
- Metro Reeling From Drop in Ridership. Ford, William J. // Washington Informer;10/15/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p13
The article reveals that the Washington DC Metro released on October 8, 2015 a report on how its rail system has decreased since 2010 which may lead to an increase in fares in 2016. Topics covered include how the Metro report mentions five reasons for the limited number of commuters on its...
- Purple Line to be a PPP project. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2013, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that Purple Line orbital light rail route in Washington, D.C. will be the first public-private partnership in Maryland, which is a project that will connect New Carrollton in Prince George County and Bethesda in Montgomery County.