Municipal Yields Fall; $444 Million Of N.Y.C. TFA'S Priced for Retail
- Thursday's Market: Municipal Prices Gain 1/4 Point; Crossover Buying Improves Tone. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p2
Focuses on fluctuations in the U.S. bond market as of October 26, 2001. Increase in municipal bond prices as of October 25, 2001; Decline in demand for durable consumer goods; Ratings of municipal bond prices done by various rating companies.
- Municipals Rise 1â„8 to Â¼ Point; New Deals Get Mixed Reception. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p2
Reports the increase of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Decline of durable goods orders; Efforts of the Federal Reserve Bureau to increase interest rates; Accounts on the pricing of the general obligation markets of Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- Directionless Munis End Week Flat to a Touch Lower. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32327, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States on February 24, 2006. The sharp decline in durable goods orders failed to change the interest rate outlook. Prices on municipal bonds were flat or down according to traders as yields rose a basis point in spots.
- Another Down Day for Munis on Decent Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/27/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32369, p2
The article focuses on the condition of New York City's municipal bond market. The industry declined as many investors tend to capitulate on the market due to strong new-home sales and durable goods data. Traders observations for the causes of the decline in bond market include low in bond...
- Municipals, Treasuries Weaken As Durable Goods Surge. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the U.S. on April 23, 2004. Decline in the Treasury market; Rise in durable goods orders; Statements by Dreyfus Corp.'s economist Richard Hoey on sustainable economic growth and corporate spending on capital goods; Outflows of municipal bonds,...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 24. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p2
This article presents the economic indicators for February 24, 2005. Indicators considered were durable goods and initial jobless claims. Data are being provided in a tabulated manner and includes information on government securities prices, municipal bond index, etc.
- Munis End Session Little Changed; Massachusetts Agency Sells $425M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Price of the offering from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Decline in durable goods orders; Indication of repricing the deal offered by the New Jersey Transit Corp.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, August 24. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p2
Presents charts depicting economic indicators, including durable goods, new home sales, government securities prices, and municipal bond index in the U.S. as of August 24, 2005.