Nevada Water Agency Selling $200M of GOs Competitively
- Far west invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p24
Presents statistics on planned bonds issues in the Far West region of the United States. Includes bonds issued in California; Hawaii Dept. of Transportation; Southern Nevada Water Authority; Amount; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Watering Las Vegas: Agency Planning $750 Million Pipeline. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32473, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Southern Nevada Water Authority company to build a $750 million, bond finance pipeline. The project is developed to keep up with the rapid population growth in the greater Las Vegas area. The new pipeline will run from Lake Mead to the River Mountains Water...
- These are nervous times in Nevada for those who mind the water tap. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p1
Focuses on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's (SNWA) 20 year renovation and expansion of an antiquated water-delivery system, which valued $2 billion. Details on the water system in southern Nevada breaking down for the first time in 26 years in February, 1997; Comments from the general...
- Nev. Water Agency in Electric Play. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports the plan of Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire the Nevada Power Co., a subsidiary of Sierra Pacific in San Francisco, California. Source of funding for the acquisition; Expectations on the value of the company; Significance of the acquisition for Sierra Pacific.
- New $80 million lake mead water intake system opens. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's completion of a water intake system in Lake Mead. System's expansion of the authority's delivery system; Quarter-cent sales tax and home builder connection fees as sources of funds for the project; Description of the system.
- Water authority debuts 14-mile East Valley Lateral. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the completion of the Southern Nevada Water Authority's East Valley Lateral water delivery system. Other planned capital improvement projects; Water service to be provided to the northeast section of Las Vegas Valley; Pumping stations in the system; Water storage capacity of the...
- Fee may shrink ranks of home builders. Moore, Thomas // Las Vegas Business Press;12/18/95, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p1
Reports that a regional water hook-up fee may help push some housing developers out of town or out of business, further shrinking the ranks of new-home builders in Southern Nevada. $2,900 connection fee to be imposed by the Southern Nevada Water Authority; Impact of the fee on the house resale...
- Clark county faces monumental water decision. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;11/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p1
Reports that sales tax hike could help avoid higher hookup fees and growth stunting `sticker shock' in Nevada. Residents' vote on the sales tax plan; Southern Nevada Water Authority's stand on hook-up fees; Probable effects of the sales tax plan on the water rates.
- Sacred Water. Grange, Kevin // National Parks;Spring2012, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that the Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) has been buying ranches in the Spring and Snake Valleys, that border Great Basin National Park to the east and to the west, to snatch up the water rights and build a huge pipeline to ship billions of gallons of groundwater to...