FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Calif. PUC Delays Votes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p1
Reports the delay of sale power revenue bond voting by the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) in California. Allegation on the attempt to overcharge electric customers; Justification on the reimbursement for power expenditures; Reasons for the postponement.
- SCE - earnings from continuing operations. // Power Economics;11/25/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p10
The article reports about the earnings of South California Edison Co. (SCE). SCE's earnings from continuing operations were $259 million in the third quarter of 2004, compared with $329 million in the third quarter of 2003. The decrease in third quarter earnings primarily reflects a $79 million...
- WEATHERING THE STORM. ZEISS, P. ANTHONY // Community College Journal;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p13
The article provides suggestions to college leaders on how community colleges in the U.S. can survive the permanent reduction in public funding. Community and technical colleges are affected with the prospects of severe state and local funding cuts. Based on the article, over 40 states have...
- Utility-level solid oxide & molten carbonate fuel cell projects approved in California. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;May2010, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the approval of the utility-owned solid oxide and molten carbonate fuel cell projects in California. It reports that the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) has allowed the installation of the projects proposed by Pacific Gas and Electric Co. (PG&E) and Southern...
- California PUC unveils competition, investment plan. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;12/13/93, Vol. 225 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's report proposing several regulatory reforms and programs to stimulate spending on infrastructure improvements. Schedule for the proposal's review in the California legislature; Proposals of the `Enhancing California's Competitive Strength:...
- California gropes towards competitive electricity pricing. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's proposal of setting up an independent system operator to control the purchase of electricity for the California system. Power of customers to buy directly from utilities; Advantages.
- CPUC adopts landmark restructuring plan. Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's adoption of a plan that will create a competitive utility market structure. Competition and consumer choice; Regulation of terms, rates and conditions of utility services not subject to competition.
- Utilities Get OK to Again Buy Power. Jones, Ren�e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the approval of the California Public Utilities Commission to allow several firms to begin buying power. Removal of the state from energy-buying services; Plans of San Diego Gas and Electric Co. to buy electricity; Effects of the deregulation law in the electric industry.
- California intraLATA competition gets the green light. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;9/27/93, Vol. 225 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's (PUC) vote to set basic rates for the state's local exchange carriers (LEC). Discussion on requiring LECs to offer customers pre-subscription rights; Warner AxS' construction of a telecommunications network in San Diego; PUC's awarding of...