October Returns See Drop to Negative From Positive, Lipper Says
- Demand Continues to Push Munis Higher. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;2/16/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33665, p2
The article reports that the industrial production failed to meet expectations and more fears out of Greece pushed investors into safe-haven assets as aresult of which tax-exempt market was strong. It is stated that the municipal bonds were firmer earlier, looking hesitant later. It is stated...
- Munis Little Changed in Muted Activity. Curan, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32335, p2
The article reports on the state of municipal bond market in the United States for the week ending March 9, 2006. Municipal bonds have outperformed Treasuries because of the lack of supply. Tax-exemptions have risen relatively expensive versus Treasuries due to the lack of new-issue supply so...
- Market Close: Investors Are Most Interested In Hawaii Taxables. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;11/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34210, p1
The taxable portion of the $1 billion Hawaii general obligation deal will generate more interest than the tax-exempt part, traders said.
- Muni Fund Inflows Hold Steady. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;8/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The article reports that inflows for all municipal bond funds is held steady as the Labor Day holiday approaches in the U.S. in September 2014. According to data analysis service provider Lipper FMI's data, the fund inflows slipped to 446.4 million dollars for the week ending on August 27, 2014...
- Taxables Lure Investors as Tax-Frees Get Expensive. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;9/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34185, p1
Taxable municipal bond sales surged to a five-month high in the past week, attracting yield-hungry investors as tax free spreads tighten.
- Municipal Bond Funds See Inflows for 4th Week in a Row. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/29/2015, p1
Municipal bond funds reported inflows for the fourth week in a row, according to Lipper data released on Thursday. Weekly reporting funds experienced $349.038 million of inflows in the week ended Oct. 28, after inflows of $240.718 million in the previous week.
- After a Bit of Shrinkage, Money Once Again Flowing Into Funds. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/8/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33277, p7
The article reports on the move of the investors to support municipal bond mutual funds with cash in the U.S. Lipper FMI reveals that investors have left 1.52 billion dollars to municipal bonds and according to the Investment Co. Institute, the industry's 592 funds has collected 69 billion...
- Pimco Starts High-Yield Municipal Bond Mutual Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/9/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32441, p7
This article presents information on the launch of a new high-yield municipal bond mutual fund by Pimco Funds on August 1, 2006. The mutual fund finds a strong favor among those investors who seek to bolster returns. According to Lipper Inc., during the year of 2005, high-yield funds were very...
- Inflows Regain Some Momentum With $928M Coming in Last Week. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;2/1/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33258, p7
The article reports on the growth of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. According to the figures gathered by Lipper FMI, these securities posted 928 million dollars in cash from investors for the week ending January 27, 2010. Moreover, tax-free money funds increased by more than 90 billion...