Highland Park, Mich., Fiscal Manager Asks State's Permission to Sell Bonds
- Connecticut Lawmakers Likely to Strike Deal on $950M Deficit Borrowing. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;5/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33312, p27
The article reports on the status of the 950 million dollars of deficit bonds borrowing deal in Connecticut.
- Rockland County, N.Y., Seeking Bonds, Tax Hike. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/19/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33649, p8
The article discusses the move of Rockland County, New York to ask the state legislature for authorization to issue up to 80 million dollars of bonds to cover its operating deficit and to raise its sales tax by three-eighths of 1% to cover those bonds.
- Dubai banking on rehabilitated image. MARTIN, MATTHEW // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/17/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that Dubai in United Arab Emirates is preparing to capitalise on its relative stability in Middle East through a series of new bond issues and loans to help fund the deficit of the country.
- Advancing Communications. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;1/5/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the possible increase in the price of the bond package of Pima County, Arizona, with the addition of a regional radio communication system. Replacement and updating of antiquated law enforcement and fire department communication systems throughout the area; Recognition of the need to...
- Philippines: Improving Local Debt Outlook. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/27/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p9
Focuses on key factors that contributed to the bullish local debt outlook of the Philippines as of February 2006. Reduction in its fiscal deficits; Impact of a decline in debt issuance on demand for Philippine bonds; Upgrade in debt rating outlook of the country.
- California's $3.3B of Deficit Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32793, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Sacramento, California government to issue $3.3 billion deficit bonds in February 2008 to stop the flow of a growing cash crisis in the state's general fund. It is stated that the bonds, which are planned to be issued, will take the remainder of the 2004...
- Report: Municipal Bond Vet Suspected in Embezzlement. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/2/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The article informs that the journal "San Francisco Chronicle," has stated that Clarke Howatt, finance director for the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) is being sought by San Francisco law enforcement officials in the theft of 1.3 million dollar in bond money from a regional planning...
- Buffalo, N.Y., Oversight Board to Decide on Borrowing Plan. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p3
Reports on the expected delay approval of the plan to sell long-term insured general obligation bonds by the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority (BFSA) of New York. Value of the general obligation bond; Worth of the deficit financing of the state; Expectation on the credit rating of BFSA.
- Dom Rep: Debt Crunching, But Optimism Prevails. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p9
Deals with the delay in the US$ Global 13 bond payment of the government of Dominican Republic in February 2005. Impact of its restructuring negotiations with the Paris Club group on the coupon payment; Plan of the government concerning the extension of the maturities of the bond; Introduction...