Cook County, Ill.'s Stroger Proposes Job, Spending Cuts for Forest District
- The price of control. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Apr98, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p19
Discusses the cost of federal regulations to the American public during the term of Bill Clinton. Rising of the the cost of federal regulations to the American public; Basis of the calculations; Projected increase of regulatory costs by year 2000.
- B&F gives thumbs down to bill to remove prez from budget process. Smith, Noel Lyn // Navajo Times;8/19/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 33, pA2
The article reports on the move of the Budget and Finance Committee to vote not to endorse a bill that would keep the president out of the budget process and lessen checks and balances in the budget-making process in Arizona.
- Pennsylvania Budget Progress Halted. Coen, Andrew; Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;12/23/2015, p24
The article reports that Pennsylvania neared the end of its budget stalemate on December 23, 2015 but the momentum was halted by opposition lawmakers in the state House of Representatives to proposed pension system changes and new taxes.
- Ellis County's annual budget process is in full swing. BUCKLEY, DIANA // Ellis County Press;9/5/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the postponement of Ellis County's annual budget process, and announces the regularly-scheduled meeting of the commissioners' court on September 9, 2013 in Texas.
- MANAGING PUBLIC RESOURCES: BUDGET EXECUTION. Hackbart, Merl; Ramsey, Jim // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Summer99, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p258
Compares and contrasts the budget execution processes of the federal and state governments. Major elements of the budget cycle; Conceptual and process issues involved in budget execution; Control actions included within a fiscal year budget execution.
- Lawmakers mull changes to congressional budget process. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;6/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 74, p10
The article reports on the plan of legislators in the U.S. to change the budget process, after the congressional leader failed to produce an annual budget resolution.
- Why Not Let Our National Forests Use Some of the Profit? // Saturday Evening Post;5/12/1956, Vol. 228 Issue 46, p10
The author reflects on the status of the recreational facilities of national forests in the U.S. There was an increase in the number of visitors to the national forests which reached a total of 45,000,000 in 1955. Lack of money to keep some of the recreational facilities in proper condition...
- Managing the Public's Money: From Outputs to Outcomes - and Beyond. Weber, David // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2004, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p101
Focuses on the process for better ways of budgeting and the management of public finances in New Zealand. Reformation of public financial management; International appreciation as a model of output budgeting; Question on the efficacy of output budgeting.
- Budgeting in Romania. Ruffner, Michael; Wehner, Joachim; Witt, Matthias // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2004, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p27
The article presents information on a review of the Romanian budget system that was carried out as part of the Budget Project of the Working Party of Senior Budget Officials (SBO). The Budget Project aims to initiate and foster regional networks of Senior Budget Officials outside the OECD area....