Budget Gap Paramount in N.Y.'s Contentious Comptroller Race
- From the Editor. kalbag, chaitanya // Business Today;4/1/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including budget, election campaigns and mutual funds.
- Small Businesses Adopt Mobile Technology to Boost Business. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;8/30/2013, p3
The article focuses on the use of mobile phones by small and medium businesses (SMBs) for supporting their businesses. It states that SMBs are spending around 11 to 20 percent of their budget on mobile technology. It further focuses on a report issued by the Research and Markets' Mobile...
- STATELINE. // State Legislatures;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
Presents news related to law and legislatures on various issues in the U.S. as of March 2003. Impact of budget deficits on the arts; Law on slandering women in Washington State; Contribution of technology to electioneering in Georgia; Amendment to a constitution concerning pregnant pigs in Florida.
- Count Down To Parliamentary Elections. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Dec2004, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p8
The article discusses the political situation in Taiwan. Taiwan will hold parliamentary elections on December 11. President Chen Shui-bian and the pro-independence Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) will be hoping to take a majority in the parliament, which is currently controlled by a...
- Can We Muster the Political Will to Fix California? Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the budget crisis in California's political and government system. Budget deficit in government election campaigns; Progression in the political communities; Implementation of electoral restrictions.
- Borbidge engages in a little power politics. Massey, Murray // BRW;06/01/98, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p32
Reports that the question of net asset value is about to take on far greater political significance for whichever party wins the 1998 election in Queensland. Government budgets beginning to mirror commercial accounting; National-Liberal coalition needing to defend its record; Labor Opposition's...
- Anticlimactic -- but not bad. Aylmer, Sean // BRW;5/13/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p31
In this article, the author offers views on the budget announced by the Australian budget for 2010. He considers the sectors to be covered by the budget such as health and education as foundation for election campaign. He also regards the success of the Chinese-led mining industry as influential...
- Customized control. Kilpatrick, Ivan // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p52
Discusses customized control. Examination of internal reports; Procedures in controlling expenses; Reminders in reviewing a company's investment policy; Directions in presenting lines of credit.
- Controller interest in quality programs is high. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p26
Reports on the survey conducted at the Farleigh-Dickinson University by accounting professor Jonathan Schiff on the involvement of controllers in quality programs. Degree of involvement; Effectiveness of quality programs.