Minneapolis Health Care System Returns to Market
- Hospital system encourages flood volunteers. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on the plan of Allina Health System to offer its employees paid time off to volunteer for flood-relief duty in several Minnesota communities.
- Not together yet. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;2/17/97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p30
Looks at the progress made by Allina Health System during its first three years in the health care arena. Allina's profit margin in 1996; How the company plans to satisfy enrollees' demand for a broader choice of providers; Impact of the merger of the hospital chain with its health plan; How...
- Twin Cities systems drop partnership plan. // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p17
Presents information on the calling of of a merger between Allina Health Systems and HealthEast. Reason for the failed merger plans; Details on St. Joseph's hospital in Minnesota.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Allina Health Systems has purchased Lawson's procurement process suite and Insight financial software for its facilities.
- A new way to approach community concerns. Ehlen, K. James // AHA News;10/2/95, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p6
Opinion. Comments on the community-based program of the Allina Health System. Significance of listening to what the people need; Creation of community-based activities to address root causes of poor health.
- Tax-Free Bond Under Fire. Moore, William P. // Waste Age;Mar2001, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p100
Focuses on the use of tax-exempt municipal solid waste bonds to finance paper recycling production in the United States. Impact of tax policy on recycled paper markets; Benefits of tax-exempt financing; Role of solid waste management companies in paper recycling operations.
- Government borrowing won't really shrink much this year. Here's why. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Mar73, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p6
Provides an outlook on the government borrowing of the U.S. in 1973. Uses of revenue-sharing to state and local government; Overall volume of longer-term tax-exempt issues during the first half of 1973; Projected state-local government spending in 1973.
- Government should stay out of the business of business. Stout, Phil // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p33
Argues that the United States government should stay out of running business with the case of statutes and rules governing tax-exempt bonds as example. Call for greater restrictions on state and municipal use of tax-exempt bonds; Two related bills in Congress.
- System pioneer shrinks. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p28
Reports on the decision of Allina Health System to sell one of its hospitals in Long Prairie, Minnesota. Buyer of the hospital; Reason for selling the hospital; Price of the hospital.