- Diary of a congressman. Wise, Bob // Washington Monthly;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p40
Presents the experiences of Congressman Bob Wise in the United States Congress from November 8, 1994 to April 11, 1995. Election night; First day in office; Strategy meetings; Pushing for a lobbying reform bill; Party caucuses; Recreational activities; Invitations to television programs;...
- Wise Shuffle. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports on the appointments made by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to his senior staff and cabinet. Joe Martin; Keith Burdette; Erica Mani.
- W. Virginia's New Governor Has Plans to Keep Things Moving. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p32
Focuses on the challenges facing West Virginia Governor-elect Bob Wise. Lag of the state in economic growth and environmental health; Efforts of the state to diversify its economy; Dependence on mining and manufacturing.
- No New Term. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p34
Reports on the reluctance of Virginia governor Bob Wise to contest for his seat when his term ends. Factors that led to Wise's reluctance; Plans of Wise to spend time with his family.
- FLOOD DAMAGE PROBED IN W.VA. COALFIELDS. // Coal Age;Sep2001, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the order issued by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to conduct a probe into the July 8, 2001 flood damage in the state's southern coalfields. Overview of the damage; Responsibility of the Princess Beverly mining operation in the flood.
- West Virginia Lawmakers OK $3B Budget, Scaled Down From Governor's Plan. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p32
Reports that the West Virginia has passed fiscal 2005 budget. Budget proposal of Governor Bob Wise; Omission of some of Wise's objectives; Tax hike.
- West Virginia Pension Deal May Be Put on the Table Again. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p4
Focuses on efforts of West Virginia's governor Bob Wise and Pension Bond Review Committee to get a legislative approval for a multi-billion dollar sale of taxable general obligation bonds. Interest rates that have prompted state officials to renew their efforts in that direction; Governor who...
- Gov. Wise to Push for W. Va. Tobacco, Pension Bond Deals. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p32
Focuses on West Virginia governor Bob Wise's push for the issue of tobacco and taxable pension bonds. Total value of the bonds; Payments received by the state according to a settlement; Law of the state related to tobacco settlement funds.
- WEST VIRGINIA: Yes, That Airport . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/17/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31306, p27
Reports on governor of West Virginia Bob Wise's support for building a regional airport 30 miles outside of Charleston, West Virginia. Estimated cost of building the airport; Financing options for building the airport.