- Louisiana Hit with Second Warning About Budget Imbalance. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;12/11/2015, p1
The way Louisiana addressed a $487 million mid-year deficit with one-time budget cuts exacerbates credit pressures facing the state, Moody's Investors Service said.
- Time to Reflect, Refocus. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p22
Editorial. Discusses the strengths and weaknesses of Louisiana's economy. Diversification of the economy; Need to address chronic budget deficits; Obstacles posed by the low quality of the public education system; Shortage of qualified workers.
- Louisiana's Budget Crisis Spurs New Warning. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34446, p1
Louisiana's budget deficit is a credit negative and it has a narrow window to cure its current-year shortfall, Moody's Investors Service said Monday.
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal Seeks $24.6B Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/02/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Facing a $1.6 billion deficit in fiscal 2016, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has recommended a $24.6 billion state budget along with revenue raising measures such as issuing tobacco bonds.
- Will volatility in Brazil's currency ripple through Louisiana? Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/01/99, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p17
Focuses on the effect of currency fluctuations in Brazil on the first quarter of 1999 on the economy of Louisiana. Surge in steel shipped to New Orleans due to currency devaluation in the country; Comments from economic analysts.
- UNO economists predict more jobs, more oil rigs. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/6/96, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p6
Reports that according to projections from the University of New Orleans in Louisiana, the metropolitan New Orleans area have an additional 5,999 jobs in 1996, and the oil field service sector labor force will increase. Number of jobs projected for 1997; Assumptions that there will be no...
- Business booster. Bowser, Andrew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/6/96, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p1B
Focuses on the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi, and its influence on the economy of St. Tammany in Louisiana. How NASA's decision to stop testing Saturn 5s affected the parish's workforce; Number of governmental agencies with...
- New port study documents economic impact. Delevett, Peter // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/27/96, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p1A
Reports on the findings of a survey by University of New Orleans economist Tim Ryan on the impact of the port system to Louisiana's economy. Use of the survey's findings to lobby state legislators against reducing the port's share of transportation budget; Determining spending, employment, tax...
- Increasing speed of economic cycles leaves change as only constant. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/21/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p3
Comments on the factors contributing to the uncertainty in the economic conditions in Louisiana. Role of natural and man-made influences on the length of the business cycles; Important utility of economics and finance; Synchronization of the financing cycle and production cycle.