Jefferson Co. Sells Last Deal Before Merger With Louisville
- Citing Severity of Shrotfall, Moody's Downgrades Oregon. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p5
Reports that ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded Oregon to Aa3 from Aa2. Reason for the downgrade; Effect of the downgrade on outstanding general obligation debt; Ratings assigned by other ratings company.
- Rowley, Mass., GOs Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the general obligation bonds of the town of Rowley in Massachusetts.
- Coastal Massachusetts Town Steps Up Into Triple-A Land. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p4
Reports the decision of Moody's Investors Service to upgrade the rating of Hingham from to Aaa from Aa1 in Massachusetts. Amount of fixed-rate bonds sale; Growth of the in the tax base; Implication of the non-reliance of the on state aid.
- Moody's to Weigh in on States' Efforts to Diversify Industries. Carvlin, Elizabeth; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31374, p1
Focuses on the ways municipalities attract automobile and technology manufacturers in the U.S. Release of the reports by Moody's Investors Service; Economic downturns of the textile and automaking industries; Accounts on the ratings of participants in the investor teleconferencing.
- Moody's: Sensible Fiscal Approaches Keeping Texas Cities Afloat. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p40
Reports the economic survey of cities by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Texas. Reduction in the sales tax revenues of the cities; Effort of city officials to save the economic downturn; Projection for a stable economy among the city by the researchers of Moody's.
- Cook County, Ill., Upgraded on Way To Market With $225 Million in GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p5
Reports on the upgradation in rating of Cook County, Illinois by the credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Reason behind the upgradation; Possible plans of county for sale of its government bonds.
- Moody's Outlook on Connecticut's Localities Is 'Cautiously Stable'. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p5
his article reports that the credit outlook for Connecticut's cities and towns is stable, according to the ratings agency Moody's Investors Services Inc. The municipalities got a stable outlook despite some concerns regarding the state's finances which could challenge that stability in the...
- Trends in the Region: Tennessee Counties Doing Much Better Than Their State. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p30
Reports on the rating upgrades for several counties and a city from Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Tennessee. Improvement in the balance sheets and debt burdens; Reserves for the counties and cities; Performances of the local governments.
- Moody's Sees Diversity Boosting CMBS Quality. // National Mortgage News;01/02/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on the economic diversity of cities in the United States. Results of Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s annual survey of collateralized mortgage-backed securities; Identification of demand-side risk; Changes in floating-rate deals.