New Governors Will Change 16 States' Fiscal Climates
- Over the holidays... Gizzi, John // Human Events;01/10/97, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on Bill Curry's rumored plan to challenge Connecticut Governor John Rowland in the 1998 elections.
- States of Decline. Franke-Ruta, Garance // American Prospect;1/13/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p11
Comments on the measures and approaches used by several state governors to address the declining fiscal outlook in the U.S. Description of an advertisement paid by Connecticut Republicans to re-elect John Rowland as state governor because of his anti-tax and pro-business agenda; Details of the...
- The other election: GOP governors are thriving. Gerson, Michael J. // U.S. News & World Report;11/02/98, Vol. 125 Issue 17, p27
Discusses the overall success of Republican governors in the United States. Example of John Rowland of Connecticut; Tight gubernatorial races and blowouts; Governors being the nation's most respected politicians; Reasons for Republican success; Contrast between state and federal Republicans;...
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Fooling at Fifty. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
The article offers the author's insights on the psychology of politicians. The author refers to the scandals of five governors of the U.S. which include the sexual indiscretions of Eliot Spitzer of New York and James McGreevey of New Jersey, and the financial greed of John Rowland of...
- M. Jodi Rell. Bruce, Erika // Our States: Connecticut;2016, p1
The article focuses on Connecticut Governor M. Jodi Rell who was sworn into office on July 1, 2004. Rell is the second woman governor of Connecticut, and the first woman Republican governor of the state. The article explains how Rell replaced former Governor John Rowland, who resigned from...
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- Insurance And Financial Services Added To Connecticut 'Cluster' Program to Enhance Growth, Competitiveness. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p22
Announces the formation of the Insurance and Financial Services industry cluster by governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Value given to the leadership within the insurance industry; Number of clusters formed in the state; Improvement in the competitiveness of business.