NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p2
The article offers news briefs on economic performance, federal funds rate, and auction of Treasury Department 's four week bills in the U.S.
- FOMC DIRECTIVES AND CHANGES IN THE DISCOUNT RATE. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Oct2001, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p661
Focuses on directives of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) in the United States. Reduction of federal funds target rate; Decrease of discount rates; Approval of requests submitted to the Federal Reserve Board by the boards of directors of the Federal Reserve Banks in the country.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p2
Presents several news related to the corporate sector in the U.S. as of December 11, 2002. Announcement of Federal Reserve Board policymakers about keeping their target for Federal Funds rates unchanged; Decrease in inventories for merchant wholesalers; Auction of four-week bills by the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Vekshin, Alison; Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market the United States as of August 2001. Reduction of the target for the federal funds rate by the Federal Open Market Committee; Gains yielded by the Treasury Department on the bidding of four-week bills; Revenue of the American Capital Access...
- THE ANNOUNCEMENT EFFECT: EVIDENCE FROM OPEN MARKET DESK DATA. Demiralp, Selva; Jorda, Oscar // Economic Policy Review (19320426);May2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p29
Talks about the impact of the U.S. Federal Reserve's 1994 policy change, by which it announced the target level for the federal funds rate, on the liquidity effect and the manner in which the central bank uses open market operations to control the federal funds market as of May 2002. Model of...
- PREDICTING FUTURE FOMC MOVES. // Credit Union Executive Journal;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p30
Explores how credit unions in the United States can predict the future activity of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) via the federal-funds futures market. Definition of the federal-funds rate; Features of federal-funds futures market; Assumptions about the workings of the futures...
- Money and Financial Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct2003, p5
Presents charts depicting the money and financial markets in the U.S. Implementation of changes by the Federal Open Market Committee; Assessment of the reserve market rates; Evaluation of the implied yields on federal funds futures.
- Long-Term Volume Hits $96.6B, Setting New First-Quarter Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32102, p1
The article reports that long-term municipal bonds hit $96.6 billion in 3,093 issues setting new first-quarter record. The expectations of higher rate increases convinced issuers to refund their bonds. A significant percentage of the total increase in the first quarter of 2005 came from...
- When Might the Federal Funds Rate Lift Off? Knotek II, Edward S.; Zaman, Saeed // Economic Commentary;12/ 4/2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 19, p1
The Federal Open Market Committee has been providing guidance to help markets anticipate when it will begin raising the federal funds rate target. The most recent guidance suggests that the target will not change at least until after an unemployment or inflation threshold is breached. We use a...