Proposed SEC Conduct Standards Won't Affect Muni Bond Lawyers
- Bush to Pick All-New SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31134, p1
Reports the nomination of members to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) by United States President George W. Bush. Nomination of experienced bond lawyers; Designation of Harvey Pitt as SEC chairman; Consideration of Standford Ladner and Oliver Pennington on the commission.
- Simplifying Continuing Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p1
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's municipal securities chief Martha Mahan Haines is requesting the National Association of Bond Lawyers to adopt a user-friendly continuing disclosure agreement for issuers. Comments of Haines on the possibility of success of the...
- SEC Still Needs to Untangle Web Issues, According to Bond Lawyers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31072, p1
Reports on the refusal of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to publish additional written guidance on electronic disclosure that would settle ongoing controversies over the issue of republication and hyperlinks. Stand of the National Association of Bond Lawyers on electronic...
- Conduct Rules Will Apply to Some Bond Counsel in Conduit Muni Deals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p5
Reports on the adoption of the professional conduct standards for bond lawyers by a five-member panel of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on January 23, 2003. Other professions where the conduct standards may be applicable; Possible opposition by the National Association of Bond...
- Bond Lawyers Still Nervous About MA Rule. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/31/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34084, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission municipal securities chief John Cross is concerned about the challenges of bond lawyers, who continue to fears about the new municipal advisor rule of Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Federal Appeals Court Schedules Arguments for Oct. 16 in Weiss Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32442, p5
The article provides updates on the appeal of bond lawyer Ira Weiss, concerning the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) ruling on his case. A federal appeals court has scheduled oral arguments to be held on October 16, 2006. Weiss is appealing the SEC's ruling that he was negligent...
- SEC Case: School Officials Say Weiss Didn't Counter Shupe Plan. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the securities fraud inquiry of the Securities and Exchange Commission against Quaestor Municipal Group Inc. president L. Andrew Shupe and bond lawyer Ira Weiss in Pennsylvania. Testimony of five current and former officials of the Neshannock Township school District against the...
- SEC's Roel Campos to Be Keynote Speaker at Session on Thursday. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p5
Reports on the selection of member Roel C. Campos of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to speak at the workshop of the National Association of Bond Lawyers in Chicago, Illinois. Career highlights of Campos; Academic background; Other speakers invited for the workshop.
- Weiss Case: The Latest. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p1
The article provides updates on the appeal of the bond counsel Ira Weiss on a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Ruling in the U.S. A federal appeals court is scheduled to hear oral arguments representing the two parties on October 16, 2006. SEC decision found Weiss was at least negligent...