GOP Win Could Spur Bond Measures
- Virginia Moving Ahead With $160 Million, Public-Private Road Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p4
Reports developments in the tax-exempt bond deal for financing road improvements in Virginia. Cooperation between the counties of Fairfax and Loudoun, and the Shirley Contracting Corp. private developer; Expenditure of the special tax on commercial real estate; Estimation of project cost.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S.
- Treasury Releases Plan to Write New Rules on Tax-Exempts. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31425, p4
Focuses on the rules implemented by the Treasury Department for tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. Penalties imposed for tax violations; Allocation of funds for private activity debt; Extension of time to file information on returns.
- IRS Enforcement Imperils Tax-Exempt Bonds (Part II). Kennard, Alan L. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p11
Discusses the requirements that must be met in order for interest on a bond to qualify as tax-exempt. Definition of a private-activity bond; Types of tax-exempt bonds; Information on arbitrage bonds.
- NEW YORK: Atlantic Yards Deal Closes. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33239, p9
The article reports on the closure of the Brooklyn Arena Development Corp. on the 511 million dollar tax-exempt bonds to finance the Barclays Center on December 23, 2009.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p36
Presents market statistics related to short-term tax-exempt bond yields of the U.S. as of February 11, 2002. Statistics on municipal market data.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p39
Presents information about yields of the short-term tax-exempts in bond markets of the U.S. as of November 26, 2001. Yields for the Daily General Markets; Municipal swap index for the markets.
- Focus onâ€¦. // Practical Accountant;May2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the definition of tax-exempt bonds.
- Light Slate Faces Firm Demand as `January Effect' Kicks In. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p6
Reports on the demand for tax-free bonds two weeks before the Christmas of 2002 in the U.S. Reasons behind the demand for tax-free bonds; Bonds sold in the state of Chicago; Amount of wastewater bonds sold by the Trinity River Authority in Texas; Government agencies planning to sell their bonds.