IRS' Scott: Bond Enforcers Seeking Less Advice on Audits
- Tax Regulation: Scott: IRS Will Reopen Audits Only in 'Abusive' Cases. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p5
Reports on the relaunch of bond auditing by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Reasons cited by the IRS for reopening the audits; Issues raised by bond counsels regarding the audit reopening policy of IRS.
- Florida IDA and Maine University Undergo IRS Audits. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;2/6/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33658, p5
The article reports on the auditing that will be conducted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to St. Johns County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) and University of Maine System for its issued revenue bonds.
- IRS Audits Defaulted Bonds Issued by Florida District. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;3/29/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33688, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is auditing two special assessment bond issue sold by the Wentworth Estates Community Development District in Florida totaling to 64.46 million dollars which went into default.
- IRS Begins BAR Audits, Asks Issuers About Their Buyers. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;10/25/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33404, p4
The article reports on the audit of Build America Bonds (BAB) by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the U.S. It notes that IRS is notifying several BAB issuers that their bonds are being audited and is asking them to provide information about their pricing of the bonds. It also notes that...
- Pennsylvania's Reading School District GO Bonds Under Audit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/29/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33490, p4
The article reports on the audit of the 100 million dollars of obligation bonds by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.