FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Tuskegee Airmen's Field Dedicated. // Flying;Nov2002, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p46
Reports on the dedication of Tuskegee Airmen's Field, Moton Field, in Tuskegee, Alabama as a national historic site. Inclusion of an original red-brick hangar and a boarded-up control tower in the training base.
- Conference discusses dollars and sense. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p11
Focuses on the agenda of the 7th Annual Planning Conference in Westchester County, New York. Feasibility and benefits based on historic preservation; Economic development strategy using historic resources; Consortium of municipalities promoting tourism development.
- Naples/Amalfi Coast/Ischia. // Premier Hotels & Resorts;Winter/Spring2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p247
The article features the city of Naples in Italy. Naples is famous for its culture, its festival, and monuments. The city has Capodichino Airport that welcomes domestic and some international flights. The Amalfi Coast of Naples stretches from Sorrento to Salerno is noted for its scenic beauty....
- Edgewood EDB plans for historic preservation of downtown. Callaway, Wendi // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/21/2013, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the active participation of Edgewood Economic Development Board (EDB) on various events and state developments including the annual community Easter egg hunt, pageant competitions and a plan on preserving the appearance of historic 1920's downtown area in Edgewood, Texas.
- Oakland County widens its Main Street program with new members, investment. HALCOM, CHAD // Crain's Detroit Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p0006
The article reports that the Main Street Oakland County economic development program in Michigan has added two new communities to its membership in 2013. The program focuses on the preservation and revitalization of historic commercial districts. It generated investments of nearly 53 million...
- Israel laps up British tourists. Hayhurst, Lee // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/16/2008, Issue 2817, p28
The article reports on the development of tourism in Israel. It relates that Great Britain has established itself as the second-biggest source market for its development and the perception of the country as unsafe destination has changed. The country is also attracting more religious tourists to...
- Fort Wayne gets scrutiny. Benedetti, Marti // Crain's Detroit Business;11/16/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 46, pS048
The article reports the completion of a study commissioned by the Michigan Economic Development Corp. concerning the future uses for the Historic Fort Wayne site in Detroit, Michigan as of November 2015.
- Fyson on... the dangers of measuring heritage site protection in economic not global enrichment terms. Fyson, Anthony // Planning (14672073);12/12/2008, Issue 1799, p13
In this article the author discusses the aspects of the draft planning policy statement on heritage in Great Britain. He argues that the government's vision and priorities for the historic environment is very reassuring, but only to the point where resource commitments might be involved. He...
- Baltic States. // Premier Hotels & Resorts;Winter/Spring2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p68
The article provides travel guide for Baltic States. It regained independence from the former Soviet Union in 1991 and in 2004 became members of the European Union. It is known for its exquisite culinary offerings and world-class hotels to historical sites and cultural attractions. Tourists are...