Missouri-Illinois Rail Deal on Track
- Crossing the 6,000-hp threshold. Welty, Gus // Railway Age;Jul96, Vol. 197 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the implications of the development of 6,000 horsepower locomotives for railroads in the United States. Features of the locomotives developed by General Motors' Electro-Motive Division and General Electric Transportation Systems; Issue of maximizing the benefits of the locomotives;...
- Classic Soo Line colors for MTM's GP7. Stephens, Bill; Ferrell, Mallory Hope // Trains;Feb99, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p90
Presents news concerning railroad industry in the United States. Details on the operation of Minnesota Transportation Museum's GP7 4159; Cab signal and speed control system installed at Iron Horse Enterprises' Chesapeake & Ohio 6-1-4; How the two steam locomotives built by the Glover Machine...
- Railroad News Photos. // Trains;Oct99, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p28
Presents railroad news photographs in the United States as of October 1999. Maintenance work at Sixth and Maine streets in Darby, Pennsylvania on May 20, 1999; Damage to the Frisco 4-8-2 1522 locomotive; Return of the Nevada Northern service from Shafter to San Manuel, Arizona.
- ASK TRAINS. // Trains;Jan2001, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p86
Answers several questions about railroad locomotives in the United States. Operation of Camelback locomotives; Description of the bulldog nose for Electro-Motive Division locomotives; Details on steam generators of diesel locomotives.
- Glory? Just hard work. Hull, Gene // Trains;May2004, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p62
Presents an article on the state of railroading in the U.S. during the 1940s. Characterization of railroad employees; Role of streamliners and steam locomotives in railroads during the period; Challenges faced by the railroad industry in the country.
- CONFUSED ABOUT PTC YET? Ditmeyer, Steve // Trains;Oct2011, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on the impact of the positive train control (PTC) technology on the railroad industry in the U.S. As stated, PTC systems use digital data link communications networks, and components on locomotives to prevent collisions between trains, and prevent train overspeed accidents....
- MR News. Kelly, Jim // Model Railroader;Oct2000, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p44
Presents updates on issues related to locomotives in the United States as of October 2000. Description of the home layout of Don Idarius; Train table of Reverend Mark Bergmann; Giveaway during the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia.
- Searching for the Perfect Railroad Cover. Turechek, Steve // U.S. Stamp News;Jul2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p10
Presents an article on searching for a railroad cover for a stamp collection in the U.S. Influence of an interest in locomotive engines on collecting all things associated with railroads; Elements of a cover, including postmarks; Overview of several railroad covers.
- CONRAIL'S ELECTRIC DREAMS. Marchinchin, Joseph R. // Trains;Oct2013, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p40
The article presents information on the railroad services of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) in the U.S. It describes the growth of Conrail from the ground level. It also explains the electrification plan of Conrail for its rails with the help of a map, that shows the rail route for the...