Pair of Kansas School Districts Looking to Dump State's Funding Formula
- Lawmakers Go Back to Basics: How to Pay for School. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH WEST p28
Reports on Arkansas' lawmakers plans for public school funding programs. Requirements for the plan; Reasons cited to implement a changed funding deal; Estimated budget deficit in fiscal 2002.
- Low attendance costs Detroit district $4.2 million in state aid. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/12/2012, p2
The article reports that state aid for Detroit Public Schools will be reduced by 4.2 million dollars until 2016 as a result of a 75 percent decline in student attendance in schoolyear 2010-2011.
- Federal aid to education. // America;12/11/1948, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p256
The author reflects on the proposed Federal Government aid to U.S. public schools. The author believes that the Taft bill marked a withdrawal from previous Federal policies as the bill left the allocation of Federal funds up to the States. The author mentions that Congress should go as far as it...
- Lawrence, Kan., Schools Present 'Wish List' of $29 Million in Needs. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p32
Reports on the demands by the public school officials in Lawrence, Kansas. Review of the proposals by the Lawrence Board of Education; Amount for building upgrades in the annual budget proposals; Use of portable classrooms in four junior high schools in the city.
- Government Grant for Rural and Inner-City Schools. Dianis, Laura K. // Curriculum Administrator;Feb99, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p8
Announces the award grants to rural and inner-city public schools in the United States. Establishment of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program; Relevance of the program; Application for the program; Contact information.
- Figuring the Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that a study will be released concerning the state funding of public schools in Arkansas. Supreme Court ruling that the state does not fund adequately public school operations; Governor Mike Huckabee's plan to call a special session to create a school finance system; Revised education...
- IPS maps out legislative agenda. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the plans of the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) to support education funding issues in its 1999 General Assembly. Organization's advocacy for the state to implement a `poverty factor' in the school funding formula; Requirements for the IPS to attain its demands.
- UK's Second State-funded Hindu School Soon. // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pB20
The article reports on the inaugural of the second state-funded Hindu school in Leicester, England.
- McCall challenges Pataki's stance on public schools. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p6
Reports the ruling of the United States Supreme Court concerning public schools financing by the New York State. Failure of the state to provide adequate facilities to the schools; Views of Brooklyn President Howard Golden on the court ruling; Impact of the ruling on the minority students.