Naming Tobacco Names
- CFOs anticipate strong hiring in mid-Atlantic. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/24/98, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p6C
Forecasts strong hiring for accounting and finance professionals in mid-Atlantic states in the third quarter of 1998, according to a poll of chief financial officers.
- What personnel shortage? Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
Comments on the complain of some companies regarding the shortage of trained professionals in technical fields. Prediction of `Metrics Strategies' regarding information technology workers; Recount of other profession that experienced shortages.
- Midwest vies to keep its eggheads home. McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;12/21/99, Vol. 92 Issue 19, p1
Reports efforts in various states in the United States to retain educated professionals after college.
- 40 UNDER 40. Norrington, Hope // Georgia Trend;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p17
Features the top 40 executives and professionals under 40-years old in Georgia. Positions in the company and profession; Citation of career backgrounds and achievements; Identification of admired persons and wishes for Georgia.
- BNH Seeks the Best Companies to Work For and Top Private 100. // Business NH Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
The article announces the move of the "Business NH Magazine" and the New Hampshire (NH) Business for Social Responsibility to seek for the best companies that would provide best jobs for various employees in the state.
- The Art of Managing Professionals. Winsborough, David; Marshall, Bev // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p60
Provide some tips on managing professional staff. Professional identity; Opportunities; Professional expectations; Professional qualifications; Tips for working together; Work/life balance; Corporate culture development.
- Job fair explores where the jobs are in the valley. KEEGAN, THERESA // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/26/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the job fair held at the Poughkeepsie Grand hotel, which was aimed at supporting the professionals from Hudson Valley in New York and New Jersey who are seeking employment.
- At ALISE Meeting, Info Technology Experts Sought. Oder, Norman; Berry III, John N.; Hadro, Josh; Horrocks, Norman; Lau-Whelan, Debra // Library Journal;2/15/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that several U.S. and Canadian library and information science (LIS) schools were interviewing for new job positions during the 2010 annual conference of the Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE).
- THEY LEFT PROFESSIONS TO BECOME PERSONAL TRAINERS. Helliker, Kevin // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p74
Discusses the shift of professionals from their professions to become personal-fitness trainers in the United States. Reasons for transferring to personal fitness jobs; Benefits to the fitness business; Information on the income of personal trainers; Disadvantages of the move to professionals.