LOUISIANA: All Bids Are Off
- Water board steeling for privatization bid process. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/15/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the bid process of the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board for the privatization of water and sewer systems of the city. Reason for the need for privatization; Information about the bid process; Controversy related to the issue of civil service status of employees entering the bid...
- Guidry's 'fast one' questionable on critical S&WB contract vote. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p28
Comments on the action taken by councilman Ron Guidry on the privatization process of Sewerage & Water Board (S&WB) in New Orleans, Louisiana. Denial of Guidry of the bids; List of multinationals in the hunt for the S&WB contract; Prohibition of taxpayers from participating in the decision.
- 'Timeout' a good idea for S&W board. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p26
Comments on the New Orleans Sewerage & Water Board's decision to delay the privatization issue. Complexity of the proposal to privatize the board's operations; Key provisions of the privatization proposal.
- Privatization could be on tap for water treatment plants. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/22/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p8
Reports on the proposed privatization of two water treatment plants in New Orleans, Louisiana. Opportunity for the employees of the Sewerage and Water Board to run the systems; Invitation for the submission of bids; Cost savings of the winning operators from the combined treatment and...
- Proceed with caution on privatization. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p26
Focuses on the proposed privatization of the New Orleans, Louisiana Sewerage and Water Board. Advantages and disadvantages of privatizing the board; Adoption of an open competition bidding process in the selection of private sector managers.
- LOUISIANA: Sewer Privatization. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p31
Focuses on the privatization of the city's Sewerage and Water Board by New Orleans City Council in Louisiana. Duration of the billion dollar contract; Apprehensions of Louisiana State Bond Commission regarding privatization; Rate increase by the City Council that was crucial to the...
- New protesters join S&WB debate late. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports the protest of the New Orleans Coalition on Sewage and Water Board against the possible privatization of the board in Louisiana. Cause of the privatization plan; Reasons of the coalition for protesting the privatization plan; Advantages and disadvantages of the plan.
- Reasons multiply for slowing privatization. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p22
Comments on the privatization of the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board in Louisiana. Certification of private bidders; Impact of the September 11 2001 terrorist attack on water supply security; Views of Councilman Jim Singleton on the privatization.
- Mayor considers giving workers control of S&WB. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/10/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p11
Reports the plan of New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin to privatize the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board (SWB). Information on the corporate control given to the employees of SWB; Evaluation of the water and sewerage system in the city; Budget appropriated for the government agency; Details of the...