FLORIDA: Water Suit
- Florida Water Sells Utilities To New Group. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p1
Reports the marketing on the water and sewer utilities of the Florida Water Services Corp. Formation of the Florida Water Services Authority; Amount offered by the Florida Governmental Utility Authority for the utilities; Selection of finance advisers.
- Tank Awards Recognize Distinctive Design. // WaterWorld;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p26
Presents news briefs related to water utilities in the United States, as of April 2000. Water storage tanks in California and Florida, which received honors; Philadelphia Water Department deputy commissioner Susan Lior's receipt of honors from the Girl Scouts of Southern Pennsylvania; Florida...
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Florida Agency to Issue New Offer for 158 Utilities Around State. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p3
Reports the revision of the price for the water and wastewater assets of Florida Water Service Corp. by the Florida Governmental Utility Authority. Details on the counteroffer for the purchase of Florida water; Controversy on the utility price negotiated by the agency; Indication on the...
- Florida Water Services Corp. Suit Alleges Citrus County Hindering Asset Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p4
Reports on filing of lawsuit in federal court by Florida Water Services Corp. against Florida county. Objective of the lawsuit; Consideration of federal lawsuit using antitrust laws.
- Florida Water Plans $550M Uninsured Deal to Buy Utility. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/23/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31538, p1
Reports on the decision of the Florida Water Services Authority to sell multimillion dollar uninsured water and wastewater revenue bonds to purchase Florida Water Services Corp. Reasons behind the decision; Possible outcomes of pending litigations concerning the sale; Ratings given to bonds by...
- Water utility uses HDD, piercing tools to address rehab problems. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on Florida Water Services' use of HDD and piercing tools to address rehabilitation problems. Emphasis placed by Florida Water Services on customer service and efficiency; Use of trenchless technology.
- Foes of Florida Water Services Deal Gather. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p40
Reports that officials from cities and counties with waste and water systems owned by the Florida Water Services Corp. will meet in Orlando, Florida, on January 6, 2003, to discuss their opposition to the month's planned sale of $550 million of revenue bonds. Use of bond proceeds for financing...