Bank of New York Offering 'Localized Flavor' to Clients
- Bank of New York Rated Top Depositary. // Global Finance;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
Reports that the Bank of New York was rated as the top depositary bank in an independent survey conducted by Group Five which measures corporate opinions of American depositary receipt shareholder services. Services used in measuring the satisfaction of corporations; Percentage of sponsored...
- Moody's Upgrades Bank of N.Y. to 'Stable'. // American Banker;8/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 159, p20
Moody's Investors Service Inc. said on Monday that it had changed its rating outlook on Bank of New York Co. from negative to stable. The change reflects increased comfort with Bank of New York's credit profile and a view that the level of problem assets is very manageable.
- Ratings Movers: Katun Up On Repay/Calpine Down After Ousters. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;12/5/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p8
The article presents information on ratings of repayment of banks. Holders of Katun Corp.'s bank debt can expect a higher level of recovery as a result of the company's recent repayment of more than $50 million in bank debt. Following the paydown on its term loans, the company, had $15.2 million...
- Bank of N.Y. Downgraded On Deal's Potential Effects. Johnson, Hilary // American Banker;1/8/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p19
The article states that Andrew Collins, a financial analyst with Piper Jaffray & Co., downgraded Bank of New York Co., while upgrading rival financial institution Northern Trust Corp. This is the first negative analyst move on Bank of New York since it announced a plan to merge with Mellon...
- 'Buy' Rating for Bank of N.Y., Northern Trust. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/3/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 84, p20
This article reports on ratings of banks located in New York. An analyst at Fulcrum Global Partners initiated coverage for five trust and processing banking companies Friday. Thomas McCrohan joined Fulcrum in February 2004 after a year at Keefe, Bruyette& Woods Inc., where he also covered trust...
- Banking's Top Performers 2007. Mambrino, Vanessa; Michael, Nancy // ABA Banking Journal;May2007, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p38
The article presents the results of a bank ranking survey conducted by the journal. The survey ranked the top 25 best performing banks in the U.S. in 2007 based on their capital, revenues, price to earnings ratio, capital efficiency and non-performing loans. The Bank of New York topped the list,...
- Depository receipt BBS. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p51
Reports that the Bank of New York has announced a depository receipt electronic bulletin board called Depository Receipt Communication Exchange.
- Would Alexander Hamilton approve? // U.S. Banker;Aug95, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the Bank of New York's furious buying spree of the securities processing operations of other banks. Projection of asset growth to nearly $3 trillion by end-95; Purchase of NationsBank Corp.'s corporate trust unit in early June 1995; Acquisition in late May 1995 of J.P. Morgan & Co.'s...
- Credit debacle, part II. Milligan, J.W. // U.S. Banker;Aug96, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the effects of Bank of New York Co.'s decision to strengthen loss reserves for credit card loans by $350 million. Combination with mortgage lending; Banking experts' comments regarding loan crisis.