CBOT Has High Hopes for New Muni Contract, Index
- CBOT to Drop 40-Bond Index in '03; Adds Pricing Service. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p3
Reports the plans of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) to discontinue the use of Municipal Bond Index for 2003 in Illinois. Use of the pricing service FT Interactive Data by CBOT; Replacement of Municipal Bond Index by a 250-bond index; Enhancement on the efficiency of the fair market by the...
- Spreads and Non-Convergence in Chicago Board of Trade Corn, Soybean, and Wheat Futures: Are Index Funds to Blame? Irwin, Scott H.; Garcia, Philip; Good, Darrel L.; Kunda, Eugene L. // Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy;Jan2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p116
This paper evaluates the role that index funds have played in recent convergence problems of Chicago Board of Trade corn, soybean, and wheat futures contracts. These new market participants are widely considered to have inflated futures prices and/or expanded spreads between futures prices....
- Matching best electronic markets. Salcedo, Yesenia // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2006, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p54
The article report developments on online trading by traders in the stock market in the U.S. At the Chicago Mercantile Exchange the E-mini stock indexes use First-in, first-out. With its new electronic gold contract, the Chicago Board of Trade uses priority pro rata. The priority pro rata...
- CBT's survival will mean following the Merc's lead. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p10
Comments on the proposal to split the Chicago Board of Trade in Chicago, Illinois, into two competing companies. Creation of a publicly-traded entity specializing in electronic trading; Establishment of a closely-held firm hewing to the open outcry format; Complications of the proposed...
- Remember this? // Plastics News;10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p6
The Chicago, Illinois Board of Trade (CBOT) revealed plans for cash trading in recycled high density polyethylene and PET by spring 1995. CBOT said it eventually would look at trading virgin resins and resin futures.
- CBOT May Switch 10-, 30-Year Pits. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the Chicago Board of Trade Strategy Committee's preparation of a preliminary analysis of the financial market complex. Product development and product modification strategy.
- CBOT tinkers with original formula to fine-tune futures. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;05/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30632, p31
Reports that the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in Illinois has changed the formula used for calculating futures contracts in the city. Urgency of the issue according to board officials.
- No candidates, lots of rhetoric. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on an election in Chicago, Illinois to decide the management structure of the Chicago Board of Trade. Meeting called by Chairman Patrick Arbor; Consideration of alliance proposals for the board with a European exchange; Comments from Arbor.
- CBOT Alters Muni Futures Settlement. Hume, Lynn; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p1
Reveals that the Chicago Board of Trade has modified the procedures for calculating final settlements of its 10-Year Muni Note Futures Contract. Goal of the board to eliminate problems that had affected prices, created losses for some traders and hampered the board's efforts to increase trading...