Munis Unchanged in Moderate Activity; Over $5 Billion Hits Primary Market
- Municipals Finish Session Easier as Treasuries Fall on Lower Oil Prices. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. easily finished the first trading session of a holiday-shortened week, as treasuries fell after oil prices retreated to pre-Hurricane Katrina levels. Assurance on the potential economic slowdown and an eventual pause in the Federal Reserve...
- Munis Quiet Amid Big Ohio, Chicago Deals. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/12/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33165, p2
The article provides updates on the state of the U.S. municipal market as of August 11, 2009. Traders say that the municipal market remained weak despite of the market participation of the Ohio Higher Education Facilities Commission with 800 million dollars of bonds, and the Metropolitan Water...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond elections in the U.S. as of September, October, and November 2005.
- $589 Million Oct. Reversal Helps Year's Muni Fund Performance. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p1
Reports on developments concerning municipal bond mutual funds in the United States for the months of October and November 2000. Total net inflows for the months; Reversal of net cash flow into municipal mutual funds; Net cash outflows.
- Airport Deals Stacked Up From Cleveland to Chicago to Detroit. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p7
Focuses on three sizable airport issues in the United States as of February 5, 2001. Cleveland, Ohio's revenue offering for a runway construction at Hopkins International Airport; Chicago, Illinois's special facility revenue bonds for United Airlines at O'Hare International Airport; Wayne...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p35
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance as of April 6, 2001. Voters' approval of general obligation bond measures in a municipal election; Idaho Legislature's approval of a proposed tax reduction; Rating assigned by Fitch to school and park bonds that will be sold...
- Public Finance Groups Attack School Bond Restrictions. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p4
Reports on public finance groups' call for members of the United States congressional tax-writing committees to promote school construction by easing several bond restrictions in the tax code. Proposed changes to the tax law to make it easier for school districts to sell bonds; Proposed...
- Regional Wrap. Kruger, Daniel; Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette; Whalen, Robert; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p2A
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the United States as of January 18, 2000. Possible approval of a constitutional amendment on borrowing practices in New York; Arkansas Board of Education's approval of its first charter.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p33
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of December 18, 2000. Greenwich, Connecticut's plan to issue its first general obligation debt since 1970; D.C. Appleseed Center's release of a report recommending major reforms to the District...