IRS on Hunt for Arbitrage: Targeted Survey to Begin in Three States
- Giving Something Back. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports on the improvement of the rebate services in the United States Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Priorities of the bond division to speed up the refund claims processes; Major cause of the problems in the refund claims division; Reasons for the adjustment made by the IRS in some refund...
- IRS Publishes New Procedures on Recovery of Rebate Overpayments. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p5
The article focuses on the procedures and time limits set by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for issuers on the recovery of their rebate overpayments. The procedures deal on arbitrage rebate and penalties in lieu of rebate provisions. The Revenue Procedure 2008-37 does not require the...
- IRS Arbitrage-Rebate Correspondence Audits Get Under Way. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p5
The article reports on the arbitrage-rebate compliance initiative sent out by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to private bond issuers. The initiative includes actual examinations and information document requests which request issuers to submit copies of documents and procedural data....
- Tax Enforcement: IRS to Launch New Survey of Issuers' Rebate Compliance. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p5
Focuses on the launch of a survey by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service regarding arbitrage rebate obligation compliance by bond issuers. Focus of the rebate compliance survey; States whose issuers were included in the survey; Issuers who have failed to compute their rebate correctly.
- IRS Survey Uncovers Yield Burning. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p1
Reports the completion of the survey of Internal Revenue Service on the arbitrage violations in the U.S. Examination of issuers that advance-refunded debt in 1989 or 1990; Change of investment of bond proceeds from the advance refundings; Result showing the involvement of yield burning in the...
- IRS May Put More Resources Into Voluntary Closing Agreements. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p5
Reports the plans of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to attend to voluntary closing agreements in the U.S. Transfer of agents to work on voluntary agreements; Concentration of IRS on abusive transactions; Statement regarding arbitrage by national director Mark Scott.
- Texas Agency Files Suit Against IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32499, p1
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the Travis County Strategic Housing Finance Corp. (SHFC) against the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for demanding SHFC to pay arbitrage rebate for Series 2004 lease purchase revenue bonds. The company has demanded refund of about $267,000. The...
- Confusion still reigns over tax debate. Klott, Gary // Las Vegas Business Press;06/25/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p5
Comments on the confusion over tax rebate checks sent by the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Provisions of the Tax Relief Act of 2001; Benefits of tax rebates; Determination of the tax rebates.
- WHITE'S Wagging Tongue. White, Cynthia // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);5/8/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p6
The article offers information on how to use an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Rebate check in Texas.