Urologist's Notebook Circumcision Revision: Circumcision Revision
- Medical, religious and social reasons for and against an ancient rite. Foddy, Bennett // Journal of Medical Ethics;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p415
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on infant male circumcision, its risks and benefits, and religious justifications of circumcision.
- Male circumcision and the enhancement debate: harm reduction, not prohibition. Savulescu, Julian // Journal of Medical Ethics;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p416
The author reflects on male circumcision, which is a common surgical procedure performed for health, religious, aesthetic, or social reasons. He states that circumcision has various risks and benefits and that there is a dispute concerning the likelihood and magnitude of the risks and benefits....
- ARC "Know Your Rights" Video Released. // Attorneys for the Rights of the Child Newsletter;Fall/Winter2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p28
The article reviews the web site http://arclaw.org/our-work/ videos/circumcision-your-legal-rights which featured the video "Know Your Rights" by lawyer James Loewen.
- The Orthopedic Origin of Popular Male Circumcision in America. Chubak, Barbara // AUANews;Oct2013, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p32
The article discusses the orthopedic origin of male circumcision in the U.S. Dr. Lewis Sayre first presented his argument in 1870 in favor of male circumcision. He theorized that peripheral irritation from the foreskin would reflect upon the whole system and generate the loss of controlling...
- Frenulum Sparing Circumcision: Step-By-Step Approach of a Novel Technique. SHENOY, SUNIL PURSHOTHAM; MARLA, PRASHANTH KALLAJE; SHARMA, PRITHAM; BHAT, NARAYANA; RAO, AMRITH RAJ // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Dec2015, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Objective: Circumcision, by most conventional methodologies, involves division of the frenulum and excision of the entire foreskin covering the glans. This seemingly simple procedure is occasionally associated with dreadful and devastating complications. We describe a new frenulum-sparing...
- "Baby Doc" Eden Explains. Eden, Alvin N. // Pediatrics for Parents;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p14
The article presents an answer to a question on whether to have a baby boy circumcised.
- U.S. male circumcision on the decline. // Contemporary Sexuality;Oct2010, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p7
This article discusses declining rates of male circumcision in the U.S. in 2010.
- Evaluations of circumcision should be circumscribed by the evidence. Benatar, David // Journal of Medical Ethics;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p431
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the ethics of male infant circumcision by Joseph Mazor.
- Circumcision, sexual dysfunction and the child's best interests: why the anatomical details matter. Lang, David P. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Jul2013, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p429
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the ethics of infant male circumcision by Joseph Mazor.