UK suspends pension payments to expats in Cyprus
- Charity pension bail-outs are rarely about mismanagement. Bradshaw, Caron // Third Sector;Feb2015, Issue 809, p47
The author discusses charity pension bail-outs and if they really are a result of mismanagement by the charities. She is critical of the accusations against Norfolk County Council's payment into the pension scheme of the charity Age UK Norfolk. Also investigated is how pension legacy debts are a...
- Govt plans for pension pots to fund mortgage deposits. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);9/24/2012, p10
The article discusses the plans being investigated by Great Britain's Department for Work and Pensions and the British Treasury which would allow individuals the use of up to 25 percent of their pension pots as a first-time buyer mortgage deposit guarantee.
- Dealing with pension pots. // Employers Law;Nov2012, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to pension auto-enrolment in Great Britain including the staging date of an employer for pensions auto-enrolment if it shares a pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) scheme with another employer, the meaning of postponement for the purposes of pensions...
- Half of employees are still unaware of pensions changes. // Employers Law;Oct2012, p4
The article reports on Scottish Widows' "Workplace Pensions Report" which claims that 52 percent of surveyed British employees are unaware of pensions auto-enrollment arrangements that started on October 1, 2012.
- Poll. // PrintWeek;10/12/2012, p6
The article presents the results of a poll on whether British employers will encourage workers to opt out of the automatic-enrollment pension program.
- Govt pressed on flexible pensions annuities rules. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;10/3/2013, p5
The article focuses on the calls to the British government to review its pension rules to allow more flexibility to providers seeking to develop annuity products that pay a higher income when a subscriber's circumstances change in retirement.
- To the benefit of clients. Naismith, Ian // Money Marketing;2/7/2013, p36
In the article, the author discusses the developments in the pensions sector in Great Britain, particularly on the automatic enrolment scheme that is expected to benefit the customers.
- New guidance may cause as many problems as it solves. BRAY, PHILLIP // Money Marketing;4/10/2014, Issue 1431, p7
The author reflects on the proposed free, face-to-face guidance advice for retirees in Great Britain with regard to selecting the best pension options.
- Scotland - Snake oil, politicians and pensions. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);11/7/2014, p1
The article reports on a new seam of complexity for pensions opened by the 2014 Scottish independence referendum.