Unleash your sales potential
- BRC says January sales were second-worst since records began. // Cabinet Maker;2/10/2012, Issue 5774, p11
The article reports on the findings from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) that retail sales for furnitures has been down in January 2012 in Great Britain.
- Canada 1Q furniture store sales tumble. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;9/19/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p74
Reports on the decrease in the 2005 first quarter sales of several furniture stores in Ottawa, Ontario. Comparison of preliminary sales in the year 2005 with the year 2004 data gathered by the Statistics Canada; Opinion of retail executives on the factors that influence the decrease in sales;...
- Squeeze hits Scotland. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of furniture and flooring industry in Scotland for March 2008. According to the Scottish Retail Consortium (SRC), the industry had suffered as Scottish general retail figures slowed. March sales were worst since December, with most of the slowdown...
- High level sales. Bennewith, Jeremy // Cabinet Maker;08/11/2000, Issue 5200, p12
Discusses the major role that sales staff play in the success of the luxury end of the bed market in Great Britain. Changes in consumers tastes; Importance of giving attention to product layout and choice; Differences in large and small manufacturers' marketing emphasis.
- Value adding sales training. // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2002, Issue 5281, p23
Focuses on the correlation of the motivation of individual retailers with the sales in the furniture industry. Presentation of the retail program used by furniture firm Palliser; Relevance of the overall marketing strategy; Declaration of the effects training the sales staffs.
- Don't let gloom merchants talk us into a recession. // Cabinet Maker;1/31/2003, Issue 5322, p5
Presents tips on how to improve retail sales figures in the furniture industry for the year 2003. Importance of expanding business offerings; Consideration of the value of the products offered to the customers; Relevance of changes in quality and innovation.
- Views. Dean, John // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p8
The article presents views and insights of the author concerning the sales performance of the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. The author discusses the factors affecting the performance of furniture industry. The author also compares the sales performance of various businesses...
- Modest market attendance doesn't equate to poor sales. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;8/29/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p24
In this article, the author focuses on the underwhelming attendance of retailers in furniture market shows, in which he mentions that Martin Ploy of Amini Innovation Corp. (AICO) realized that attendance alone cannot be considered as an indicator of a healthy market.
- Top Canada bedding mfrs. grab 76% share. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the ranking of the bedding manufacturers in Canada. Increase of market share; Growth of the total shipments of bedding factories; Facilitation of sales training to sales executive. INSETS: Canada's Top 5 bedding manufacturers;How the lists were compiled.