Top entertainers for The Furniture Awards
- Jupitus is host for 2000 Furniture Awards dinner. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p2
Reports on the British comedian Phil Jupitus' hosting of the 2000 Furniture Industry Awards gala dinner at the NEC Metropole in Great Britain on January 25.
- Star presenter for Furniture Industry Awards. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p3
Announces the participation of comedian Alistair McGowan in the 2001 Furniture Industry Awards in Great Britain. Acceptance of role of guest presenter; Television and radio credits of McGowan.
- Rizzo: Embrace change, don't forget to laugh. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;3/13/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p38
The article discusses the keynote address delivered by comedian Steve Rizzo during the Internal Sleep Production Association: Expo 2006, held in San Antonio, Texas. Rizzo has cracked a number of jokes and stressed that humor is not just mere laughing, but it reduces stress and helps everyone...
- TFS's face of comedy. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p3
Reports on the selection of comedian and disc jockey Jimmy Carr as presenter to the Furniture Awards in Great Britain.
- Funny business. Dingus, A.; Seliger, M. // Texas Monthly;Jul90, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p84
Profiles seven Texas comedy acts, including the Rev. Spikes and Vera Carp, played by Joe Sears and Jaston Williams, in their comedy `Greater Tuna,' the San Antonio Spurs Coyote, and Dallas cartoonist Buddy Hickerson, creator of the blockhead Quigmans.
- The Comic Strip will ask comedians to clean up their acts. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p10
No abstract available.
- New queens of comedy. // Newsweek;4/30/1984, Vol. 103 Issue 17, p58
Women comics aren't putting themselves down when they do stand-up. A legion of young women comics are suddenly giving male stand-up comedians a run for the funny with jokes that touch a host of contemporary concerns--from divorce and sex to parents and politics.
- Clean Comedian company seeks Utah franchisee. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/18/96, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on Los Angeles, California-based entertainment bureau Clean Comedians' franchising effort in Utah. Approximate costs of a franchise.
- I hear America zinging. Adler, J. // Newsweek;9/26/1988, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p60
Report on the stand-up comedy fever sweeping the nation, the types of jokes comics tell, performers, and life on the road. Examples; Pressures.