Chinese TV cops go Hollywood
- PRIMETIME CRIME RATE RISES. Adalian, Josef // Variety;7/15/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 8, p17
Talks about the popularity of crime television (TV) drama programs in the U.S. as of July 2002. Major film directors directing the TV dramas; Reasons for the ongoing increase in the popularity of crime dramas; Plot possibilities.
- Europe books native copshows. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;7/15/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 8, p17
Talks about the proliferation of crime television drama programs in Europe as of July 2002. Popular crime drama shows; Factors which encourage audiences to watch the shows; Comparison of the content of the shows 'Criminal Investigation Department' and 'Baantjer.'
- Riding the crime wave. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;3/7/97, Issue 369, p52
Discusses a variety of crime drama's on television. 'The Practice'; 'Feds'; 'Prince Street'; 'EZ Streets.' INSET: The mamas and the papas, by Bruce Fretts..
- The pride of Baltimore. Corbett, Christopher // New Yorker;02/24/97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p50
Features `Homicide: Life on the Street,' a top-rated television program in Baltimore, Maryland. Inclusion of events lifted from the local police blotter; Program as an inspiration of a 1992 book by a Baltimore `Sun' reporter, David Simon; Impact of the television program on real crimes.
- Court TV nabs U.K.'s 'Ratrap' Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;8/30/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 64, p2
No abstract available.
- An unusual endorsement. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 45, p64
Reports the production of a television documentary on convicted murderer Kenneth Kimes by TV producer Maria Pope in the United States. Use of a Papermate pen in the hostage drama involving Kimes and Pope; Discovery of a pen in a cell belonging to Kimes' mother; Views of Pope on Papermate pens.
- Crix cringe at nets' youth stalkers. Lowry, Brian // Variety;8/8/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 11, p17
Comments on various issues concerning crime television programs in the U.S. as of August 8, 2005. Inability of middle-aged critics to defend modern media content especially when the subject of children arises; Reason for the apprehensiveness of parents towards crimeshows; Rationale behind the...
- Numbers Game. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;5/30/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 22, pSR30
Presents numbers representing facts about television broadcasting in the U.S. Number of new network shows in 2004; Percentage of shows on CBS' schedule containing crime-related themes; Year in which NBC last opened Monday night in the fall with a scripted science-fiction drama.
- TV: Crime Story. Russell, Sten // ONE;Sep58, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p26
This article comments on the unexpectedly, friendly attitudes toward homosexuality expressed on the Los Angeles, California-based television program 'Crime Story.' Anti-homosexual broadcasting reputation by the television program; Details about the pro-homosexual segment of the program; Focus...