The Paradox of the Question
- Introduction: Absurdity and the Outside. Hamilton, Grant // Cross / Cultures: Readings in the Post / Colonial Literatures in;2012, Vol. 142, pix
An introduction to the book "Representation: Deleuze and Coetzee on the Colonized Subject," by Grant Hamilton is presented.
- Index. // Absurd in Literature;2006, p337
A subject index for the book "Absurd in Literature" is presented.
- ABSURDITY, ANGST, AND THE MEANING OF LIFE. Pritchard, Duncan // Monist;Jan2010, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p3
The article reviews the article "The Absurd," by Thomas Nagel in 1970.
- Never hope against hope. Havel, Vaclav // Esquire;Oct93, Vol. 120 Issue 4, p68
Narrates a story which discloses the nature of hope and absurdity. Falling into a sewer; Rescue attempts of friends; Appointment in the president's office; Cause of complete skepticism; Hope in comparison with optimism.
- Bibliography. // Absurd in Literature;2006, p314
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Minds Meet" by Walter Abish, "The Outsider" by Albert Camus translated by Joseph Laredo and "In His Own Write" by John Lennon.
- A personal file of stimulating ideas and problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Jan1991, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p21
Discusses the importance of asking questions when it is necessary. Four times when it is important to ask questions; General types of questions which can lead to productive avenues of inquiry; Follow-ups prevent foul-ups; How deadlines can sell ideas; Checklist of possible reasons on why...
- Answers to Written Parliamentary Questions - Statistics. // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Sep2010, Issue 47, p679
The article lists written British Parliamentary Assembly questions with data such as subjects, the country concerned and the date the question was answered.
- Answers to Written Parliamentary Questions. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Jan2008, Issue 15, p14
A list of answers to written parliamentary and Assembly questions concerning England and Great Britain is presented, including the distribution of maintenance grants in 2006-2007 by EA, registered child care providers by government region and pupils taking part in two hours of physical education...
- Comprehending Speaker Intent in Rebuttal Analogy Use: The Role of Irony Mapping, Absurdity... Colston, Herbert L. // Language & Speech;Oct-Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p337
Focuses on the role of irony mapping, absurdity comparison and argumentative convention in the interpretation of speaker's intent in using rebuttal analogy. Types of rebuttal analogy; Perception toward analogy with ironic bases; Implication for the hearer's use of the ironic structure between...