is your friend a mooch?
- Sacrifice and friendship. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;8/16/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p34
Applauds a friend who has shown respect, gentleness and love towards his peers and friends. Concept and essence of friendship; Belief that friendship is getting out of one's way to help others who are in need.
- Breast cancer: the right support. SH // Prevention;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p48
Presents the results of a survey on the best way to comfort a friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Suggestion that friends should communicate about how they want to be treated; Ways one can support a friend, such as cooking meals and planning fun outings.
- Dual Relationships Multiple Problems. McIntosh, Nina // Massage & Bodywork;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p132
The article discusses the dilemma in dealing with a client whom one person has dual relationship with him. As explained, dual relationship takes place when one person is a customer and a friend of a massage therapist. To the author, the most effective tool in handling such situation is honesty....
- Does she need to go to friendship REHAB? // Dolly;Jan2008, Issue 447, p96
The article discusses the characteristics of a friend who needs to be placed in friendship rehab. If you have a friend who is always pressuring you to do things you feel uncomfortable doing, like stealing or taking drugs, the author advises to set boundaries for yourself. Also if a friend tries...
- The NEW! Friendship RULES. VanTan, Robin // Girls' Life;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p74
The article offers new guidelines on how young women can find new friends and keep closer to the one they already have. They should be aware that friendship is a two-way relation and take on some of their mannerisms because they make their relationship more closer. They can ask their friends for...
- Life would be dull without mates! // Dolly;May2005, Issue 415, p12
Presents an article on the importance of friendship. Role of friends in everyday life; Factors to consider in choosing best friends; Elements of friendship.
- The Pleasures of Friendship. Lewis, C. S. // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb1979, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p28
Reflects on friendship. Definition of friendship; Reason friendship was exalted in ancient and medieval times; Origin of friendship. INSET: About the Author.
- wait, you're dumping me? Garth, Jennifer // Good Health & Medicine;May2007, p64
The article offers tips on how women can regain lost friendship. An advice on what a woman should do if she was given the silent treatment by her girlfriend is offered. The importance for a woman to define what she expects from a friendship is explained. The article also offers tips for ending a...
- THE UNDERMINER. Albo, Mike; Heffernan, Virginia // New Yorker;12/20/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 40, p60
Presents imagined conversations between two friends of the opposite sex at various points in their lives, beginning from their graduation from the same college. Uncertainty about life plans; Friend's music performance at a coffee house where he also waits; Meeting each other once again at a...