is your friend a mooch?
- Sacrifice and friendship. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;8/16/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p34
Applauds a friend who has shown respect, gentleness and love towards his peers and friends. Concept and essence of friendship; Belief that friendship is getting out of one's way to help others who are in need.
- Breast cancer: the right support. SH // Prevention;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p48
Presents the results of a survey on the best way to comfort a friend who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Suggestion that friends should communicate about how they want to be treated; Ways one can support a friend, such as cooking meals and planning fun outings.
- wait, you're dumping me? Garth, Jennifer // Good Health & Medicine;May2007, p64
The article offers tips on how women can regain lost friendship. An advice on what a woman should do if she was given the silent treatment by her girlfriend is offered. The importance for a woman to define what she expects from a friendship is explained. The article also offers tips for ending a...
- Dual Relationships Multiple Problems. McIntosh, Nina // Massage & Bodywork;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p132
The article discusses the dilemma in dealing with a client whom one person has dual relationship with him. As explained, dual relationship takes place when one person is a customer and a friend of a massage therapist. To the author, the most effective tool in handling such situation is honesty....
- Girlfriends -- How Many of Us Have Them? Burt-Murray, Angela // Essence (Time Inc.);Jul2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p14
The author reflects on the special sisterhood she shared with her friends. Every year, she and her girlfriends always headed to a weeklong retreat wherein they can share their secrets and joys, counsel one another on careers and marriage and lend support in any life crisis. While most of the...
- Does she need to go to friendship REHAB? // Dolly;Jan2008, Issue 447, p96
The article discusses the characteristics of a friend who needs to be placed in friendship rehab. If you have a friend who is always pressuring you to do things you feel uncomfortable doing, like stealing or taking drugs, the author advises to set boundaries for yourself. Also if a friend tries...
- The NEW! Friendship RULES. VanTan, Robin // Girls' Life;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p74
The article offers new guidelines on how young women can find new friends and keep closer to the one they already have. They should be aware that friendship is a two-way relation and take on some of their mannerisms because they make their relationship more closer. They can ask their friends for...
- When Friendships Fall Apart. Katz, Dian // Lesbian News;Jun2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p36
The author offers advice on coping with the end of a friendship. She stresses that people should take time to know what kind of friendship they want for it to last. She believes that choosing different friends to meet different needs provides a better chance at a lasting friendship. She also...
- The Pleasures of Friendship. Lewis, C. S. // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb1979, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p28
Reflects on friendship. Definition of friendship; Reason friendship was exalted in ancient and medieval times; Origin of friendship. INSET: About the Author.